Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia better than the UK: OFFICIAL!

Australia better than the UK: OFFICIAL!

Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:04 am
Badge

Default Re: Australia better than the UK: OFFICIAL!

I also lived in Lux for 2 years. Liked the countryside and the ease of living but got bored with all the expats/museums/too much of the good life!!! Give me Aus any day.

Had a lux girlfriend though.

BM

Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:23 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badge
I also lived in Lux for 2 years. Liked the countryside and the ease of living but got bored with all the expats/museums/too much of the good life!!! Give me Aus any day.

Had a lux girlfriend though.

BM
I missed 'Countries with most attractive/available women' off the list there, didn't I, Badge ?

Maybe you guys would like to start the list, while we women muse on our fave men in uniform....

Anya.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I missed 'Countries with most attractive/available women' off the list there, didn't I, Badge ?

Maybe you guys would like to start the list, while we women muse on our fave men in uniform....

Anya.
Anya

Did I not mention I wear a uniform.......
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:32 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Craig Brooke
Anya

Did I not mention I wear a uniform.......
Oooooooohhhhhh, I've gotta go get a cold shower now...........!

Anya.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Oooooooohhhhhh, I've gotta go get a cold shower now...........!

Anya.
Why don't I get that sort of reaction from Mrs B? Mind you she sees me in it EVERY day, apart from weekends of course. Except this weekend as I'm bleedin working - nights as well

PS. Its a 'proper' uniform too - no cheap 'Mr RAC/AA man' here ya know
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Anya.
Have never been to Portugal but can I just say that the men in Melbourne are really dishy. I could just sit in the foyer of my office building and watch them walk in and out all day (mention it to my hubby which he isn't happy about as he doesn't find the women much to his taste). I particularly enjoy seeing the firemen driving up and down Collins street

The dutch are good looking people, in a tall blonde arian sort of way.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:37 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shellfish

Have never been to Portugal but can I just say that the men in Melbourne are really dishy. I could just sit in the foyer of my office building and watch them walk in and out all day (mention it to my hubby which he isn't happy about as he doesn't find the women much to his taste). I particularly enjoy seeing the firemen driving up and down Collins street

The dutch are good looking people, in a tall blonde arian sort of way.

I have to agree the Dutch are good looking, well the tall girls are anyway.
I think Melbourne has its fair share of good looking women, I remember last year on a sunny 30 degree day walking down chapel street and this 6ft plus "model" walked past us, My wife turned to me & said please pick your jaw up off the pavement.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bordy
I have to agree the Dutch are good looking, well the tall girls are anyway.
I think Melbourne has its fair share of good looking women, I remember last year on a sunny 30 degree day walking down chapel street and this 6ft plus "model" walked past us, My wife turned to me & said please pick your jaw up off the pavement.
I am sensing you like 'em tall - lucky for all 5,3" of me, my hubby doesn't.

I get annoyed in Chapel street, it's a very "look at me" sorta place. I spend a fair amount of time there though, It must be the good shopping.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I am sensing you like 'em tall - lucky for all 5,3" of me, my hubby doesn't.

I get annoyed in Chapel street, it's a very "look at me" sorta place. I spend a fair amount of time there though, It must be the good shopping.

Yeah I do like em tall but don't tell my 5,4" wife.
Chapel street is great for shopping if you have a gold or Platinum credit card.
Its one of those places with no prices in the window, you know the "if you have to ask you can't afford type"
I suppose you can get a few bargains to & its always great for people watching.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the 'very large girl in the office' from Stingers in Chapel Street a few months back. My jaw didn't drop at all. A shopkeeper told me I just missed seeing Kylie that day, that would have been a different matter!

OzTennis
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:13 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Craig Brooke
Should have known - our Polish cleaners name is Anya!!.

My Polish/cleaner is called Mr Sheen
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:23 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

But it is Iceland that really amazes me in this list: I'm obviously missing something. Anyone ever been/worked there so can fill us in on what it's really like?
Anya.
From vague memory, I think that Iceland has a high GNP per capita. It was a while back but the figure was something like GBP36,000 per head.

They also have great nightclubs and lots of cheap thermal energy.

Unfortunately, everything smells of sulphur.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion.....Australia is better than the UK for one simple fact!!!!!!

NO PEBBLE DASHING!!!

Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
My Polish/cleaner is called Mr Sheen
Good one Kirsty or Alistair! What should we make of the job ad - Wanted: French Polisher? Pole dancers get frequent mentions on this site too.

OzTennis