Aussie xmas?

Old Dec 17th 2006, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie xmas?

Originally Posted by iPom
If it's any consolation, Jen, it's damn cold up in the mts, and has been for a few days, which is good for that Christmas feeling, but not so good for the poor kid who's lost up here, somewhere up the road in the bush.
Oh no poor kid : I hope they find him and he's ok.

Your now trying to disuade me from visiting I can tell lollll

Jen
Old Dec 17th 2006, 5:44 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Lobster or crayfish? :scared:
southern rock lobster, or Crayfish, depending were you come from. ..... mm
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenJen
Oh no poor kid : I hope they find him and he's ok.

Your now trying to disuade me from visiting I can tell lollll

Jen

Yeah, it's not looking good for him ... 6 days now. He was on a Dof E Silver award and was 'walking ahead' of his friends because they were slower than him (Possibility they had a row too). They go to the river and he wasn't there. He then rang on his mobile to say he was lost. Since then, nothing.
It's possible he has ADHD ... He's somewhere between the end of my road and Mt Solitary, in theory.
There's lots of clear bush around there and if he's gone beyond Solitary, he should have got to a road... which two days either way will take him somewhere. Or, he's walked to the lake further on and done a bunk.... !
They're clueless so far. There's a huge number of people looking for him out there and still nothing. He has a tent and water purification tabs, and if he was lost, he should have just stopped still.... He could have fallen, in which case he would have come down the hill towards the river, but they've searched there and he's not around. It's very weird.

For some this year, Christmas isn't going to be good.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tableland
The sole reason the UK celebrates Christmas in December is because it is a pagan festival to pay respect to nature and break the monotony of winter. The fesitval was later hi-jacked by Christians.

In other words, if you're going to be true to the tradition then you would have your winter festival somewhere round the shortest day - June 21. Maybe June 25 for example.

If Australia had been settled in more secular times, they probably would have reached this rational and logical conclusion and Australians today would celebrate in June. As it stands, it was settled in a deeply religious time, which means: no messing with the dates.
Bang on. So Christmas in July is a great idea and, whats more, unhijacked by the Christian theme (!) Uranus mate, you're too cynical.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:41 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
Yeah, it's not looking good for him ... 6 days now. He was on a Dof E Silver award and was 'walking ahead' of his friends because they were slower than him (Possibility they had a row too). They go to the river and he wasn't there. He then rang on his mobile to say he was lost. Since then, nothing.
It's possible he has ADHD ... He's somewhere between the end of my road and Mt Solitary, in theory.
There's lots of clear bush around there and if he's gone beyond Solitary, he should have got to a road... which two days either way will take him somewhere. Or, he's walked to the lake further on and done a bunk.... !
They're clueless so far. There's a huge number of people looking for him out there and still nothing. He has a tent and water purification tabs, and if he was lost, he should have just stopped still.... He could have fallen, in which case he would have come down the hill towards the river, but they've searched there and he's not around. It's very weird.

For some this year, Christmas isn't going to be good.
Thats so sad, poor kid and poor kids parents more to the point they must be beside themselves Bet his mates feel poo too

Was it for the Duke of Edinburgh award or something I think I read?? it was only about a paragraph though, i thought it was a national thing didn't realise they had em in Australia.
Not that it's connected but i'm sure i remember something about a kid gone missin gin this country on a Duke of Edinburgh thingy this was ages ago, seems to be the unluckiest organisation eh

Jen