Reload this Page >

Aussie Version of Toptable

Aussie Version of Toptable

Old Nov 15th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie Version of Toptable

As per the title, does one exist?

I'm trying to find something along the lines of toptable that has a load of unbiased restaurant reviews but can't seem to find anything. I'm particularly interested in trying to find places down the Great Ocean Road around Apollo Bay.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Version of Toptable

Don't know what Toptable is like but Www.eatability.com.au isn't bad for restaurant ideas.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

RainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant future

I find that Eatability has very skewed results, with complete whingers giving 1/10 scores for silly reasons, and some "reviews" that are so favourable as to be suspicious. It isn't updated that often either. I've yet to find a decent restaurant review website here.

I get most of my restaurant info from Good Living (the Tuesday supplement in the Sydney Morning Herald). I believe that if you buy the 2011 SMH Good Food Guide they've set up a website that readers can contribute to, though I can't comment on its reliability.

For the Melbourne area, try The Age Good Food Guide.

Hopefully someone will come up with some better ideas; I'd certainly like to find a decent restaurant review site!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

The Good Food Guide and Cheap Eats. Chris's restaurant just outside Apollo Bay is/was? a good restaurant. Just google it. TGFood G can be downloaded as an ap - costs about $12
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah well thats a shame, I was hoping there was something similar out there. Maybe an opporunity to create a toptable.com.au

I've seen Chris's thats looks good, I have also had a look at The Vista which seems quite good, has anyone been there?