Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

aussie rate rise yet again

aussie rate rise yet again

Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:29 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie rate rise yet again

Originally Posted by busterboy
Again a very good idea and one where it would reduce our spending today for a stronger future tomorrow.

We have a bit of talent on this forum and no mistake...
Talent ! somebody mention talent ?!?! Is there any lady talent around here ??
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:30 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Talent ! somebody mention talent ?!?! Is there any lady talent around here ??
Only me! (suggestive eyebrow smilie)
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:32 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Only me! (suggestive eyebrow smilie)
yeah ... i'm still waiting for that 'photo' you promised me..............................
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:42 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Hellooooo !

nice to see you

Lee
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

the current government inherited a poisoned chalice from the previous bunch of clowns, who did absolutely nothing to mitigate any slowdown, no infrastructure investment, very average foreign policy, bugger all on education and sweet fanny adam on health.

This goose was well cooked by the time Rudd got in, and whilst we're all slapping each other on the back as to how prosperous we all are, we whine about a 50 dollar a month increase on our mortgages.

If people can't cope with at least an increase of three/four times that a month , then they should not have been sold a mortgage and should not have thought you could apply for it.

but hey, the suns shining.................
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

bla bla bla.. blame the last government and go with the crap that inflation is caused by over extended mortgage payers buying plasma TVs.

Rudd is the captain now and we're getting tired of him blaming other people for his government's lack of effective action when it comes to inflation and interest rates. How long do we have to put up with Krudd blaming every one else for him being a PM that is presiding over rising interest rates and a failing economy? LaboUr sucks.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Trixy
bla bla bla.. blame the last government and go with the crap that inflation is caused by over extended mortgage payers buying plasma TVs.

Rudd is the captain now and we're getting tired of him blaming other people for his government's lack of effective action when it comes to inflation and interest rates. How long do we have to put up with Krudd blaming every one else for him being a PM that is presiding over rising interest rates and a failing economy? LaboUr sucks.
you sure as hell got that one right Trixy, I could not agree more labour sucks
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

well, sell up then and find a different place.

Can I ask one thing of you and Irish Guinness, just one ?

How long has Rudd been in his current tenure as leader ? and how many interest rates can you DIRECTLY attribute to him ?

thanks.

Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deryans

How long has Rudd been in his current tenure as leader ? and how many interest rates can you DIRECTLY attribute to him ?

thanks.

can I ask you one thing how long have you been in oz..or are you an australian?

I have sold up and am moving next door to you,that way we can banter over the fence,about the worlds problems
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by deryans

Indeed. Given Kevin has not yet had a budget and Reserve Bank control of interest rates is bipartisan policy, please explain how the blame falls on the new PM.

Howard's greater failing was to promise low rates when he did not have direct power to control them and had an acknowledged penchant to spend his way out of trouble.

As to the next step, higher super contributions is available and while somewhat painful to those who have little discretionary spending power should cause the most gratitude in the long run.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
can I ask you one thing how long have you been in oz..or are you an australian?

I have sold up and am moving next door to you,that way we can banter over the fence,about the worlds problems

of course you can, 7 years this time, arrived in 2001, previous 95-98 on a 457 , economics & background in UK, am Aussie citizen and I just delighted in the way the Liberals imploded after they lost the last election.

economy cooked big time, you must have sold well to come live next door, what line of business you in ? uisce beatha ?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Just watched our prime minister Kevin Rudd, say how sorry he is, that rates have gone up yet again,

I do feel so sorry for young people trying to buy their first home in Oz <<<<<
Dont you mean rent????

WW
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

If I remember correctly, before the last election that the opposition was suggesting that the government should force the RBA to lower interest rates.

Sorry, but it seems the boot is now on the other foot......

WW
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

I am actually disappointed I found someone who believed that clap trap about interest rates.

whatever about party loyalties (I'm machevellian ??? meant irreverant ??? , I mistrust all poli's equally) I cannot seem to fathom how people still think JH was a good PM, he was an ancient conservative with immensely backward looking policies, this was never more apparent than during the "Auction politics" of the dying days of the last election when he embarked on a huge TAX give-away of 63 billion or 65422 million, (whichever you want to believe) yet realised over three years it meant a basic in line standard of living tax break, loved the one about giving all his mates on the north shore a tax break for choosing not to send their kids to a state school, hardly progressive little jonnie eh ? frankly it's just embarassing to have politicans like that, and don't get me started on smug little billy bunter downer............ :curse:

Last edited by deryans; Mar 4th 2008 at 10:26 am.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:21 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

How about slugging us all with GST? I'm tired of buying plasma TVs every time I go out and being the only one keeping that inflation rate high. I need help in my endeavour to bring down the Australian econmy with my evil spending ways.
I agree with the GST idea, never really understood why it wasn't a more fluid number. You could control peoples spending as easily as turning a tap. A bit more of a hassle for business though as it's them that collect the tax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.