Wikiposts

aussie pubs

Old Jul 7th 2003, 12:47 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Almost 680,000 Australian children are growing up in jobless households. Many are living in poverty and risk handing disadvantage on to their children.

The break the cycle campaign is calling for the Federal Government to halve the number of kids growing up in jobless households by 2008.

The Australian economy has been going ‘gangbusters’ says the Treasurer, Mr Costello, but most of the jobs that have been created have gone to families where someone already has a job, not to jobless families.

While the number of Australian families with both parents in employment increased in the 1990s, so too did the number of families with no parent employed.

Too many Australian kids are growing up in jobless families. Too many Australian kids are growing up in poverty. We need to break the cycle.

http://www.anglicare.asn.au/campaign...dpoverty.shtml
Old Jul 7th 2003, 12:48 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Yea some of them even have no play stations its bad the figures even match Australia in percentages , I have seen loads in WA with no shoes .

This "no shoes" thing seems to hit a Brit nerve?

Old Jul 7th 2003, 12:51 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Too many Australian kids are growing up in jobless families. Too many Australian kids are growing up in poverty. We need to break the cycle.
You are making too much of here. You need to cast your eyes to the motherland.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 12:51 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
So Australia's situation with Aboriginals is not far different from the UK position with its own Aboriginals?

Poverty, inequality, poor health, social exclusion are universal problems. Generally ignored by the middle classes.

If the Abos lived as well as the worse case in the UK they would feel like millionaires.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 12:55 pm
Not here

If the Abos lived as well as the worse case in the UK they would feel like millionaires.

I do not believe that, and suspect you do not believe it either. Social exclusion appears to be a concern of the homeland?
Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:00 pm
Banned

I do not believe that, and suspect you do not believe it either. Social exclusion appears to be a concern of the homeland?
Poverty is measured at different levels in different countries , the Abos are near the bottom level , offer them a Jock council home and they would snap your hand off.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:02 pm
Not here

Poverty is measured at different levels in different countries , the Abos are near the bottom level , offer them a Jock council home and they would snap your hand off.

You are wrong. Here are some words...

...unemployment, poor skills, low incomes, poor housing, high crime environments, bad health and family breakdown...

Australian aboriginals or UK aboriginals?
Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:05 pm
Banned

You are wrong. Here are some words...

...unemployment, poor skills, low incomes, poor housing, high crime environments, bad health and family breakdown...

Australian aboriginals or UK aboriginals?
Try your unloved people.

Life expectancy is 20 years less than for non-Aboriginal Australians

Life expectancy of Aboriginal people is considerably worse than for other comparable indigenous populations, such as the native peoples of United States and Canada, and the Maoris of Aotearoa

Aboriginal boys born today have only a 45% chance of living to age 65 (81% for non-Aboriginal boys); Aboriginal girls have a 54% chance of living to age 65 (89% for non-Aboriginal girls).

Age standardised death rates for Aboriginal males are 2.8 times those for non-Aboriginal males; age standardised death rates for Aboriginal females are 3.3 times those for non-Aboriginal females

Over the last forty years, the Aboriginal infant mortality rate has declined (though it is still around three times the national average); over the same period, adult mortality in the Aboriginal population has increased [ABS and AIH&W]

http://www.caacongress.com.au/health.html
Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:11 pm
Not here

Try your unloved people.

Life expectancy is 20 years less than for non-Aboriginal Australians

Life expectancy of Aboriginal people is considerably worse than for other comparable indigenous populations, such as the native peoples of United States and Canada, and the Maoris of Aotearoa

Aboriginal boys born today have only a 45% chance of living to age 65 (81% for non-Aboriginal boys); Aboriginal girls have a 54% chance of living to age 65 (89% for non-Aboriginal girls).

Age standardised death rates for Aboriginal males are 2.8 times those for non-Aboriginal males; age standardised death rates for Aboriginal females are 3.3 times those for non-Aboriginal females

Over the last forty years, the Aboriginal infant mortality rate has declined (though it is still around three times the national average); over the same period, adult mortality in the Aboriginal population has increased [ABS and AIH&W]

http://www.caacongress.com.au/health.html

I do not doubt your figures, but show me the corresponding figures for your downtrodden. Not so easy to do and therefore they remain invisible.

You need to concentrate on your motherland's problems, even if you deny them.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:16 pm
Banned

I do not doubt your figures, but show me the corresponding figures for your downtrodden. Not so easy to do and therefore they remain invisible.

You need to concentrate on your motherland's problems, even if you deny them.
If you think they could match the natives here I give up , the Abos are as near to ground level as any race can get .
Whether it's their fault or the systems I care not but I do think it shows how uncaring the Aussie way of life can be to those who do not fit in with a western way of life.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

If the people they elect to look after their affairs were more intrested in the doing their job rather than lineing their own pockets I might have more sympathy for them

08apr03

ONCE again the chairman of cash-strapped ATSIC, Geoff Clark, is at the centre of controversy.

This time it is because he inflated the already big bill for a function after an Adelaide cricket match, ATSIC Chairman's XI vs the PM's XI.
ATSIC paid $6000 for an official drinking and eating session.
ATSIC says no more than 20 members of the crowd accepted his invitation.

But critics rightly condemn the $6000 bill as a lot to pay to celebrate a match that raised only $200 for indigenous cricketers.

In my opinion the amount these leaders of the Aborogional community seem to pocket compared to what they distribute seems to me to be farsicle. This is an organization that has a Billion dollar budget all provided by the gov.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 1:26 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
If the people they elect to look after their affairs were more intrested in the doing their job rather than lineing their own pockets I might have more sympathy for them
Easy to back bite Abos , most of the money is eaten up by goverment leeches before it reaches the leaders or those that need it.
All pollies here rip off the public as you know.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 9:24 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie pubs

You fit nowhere a Pom with no country as for your bollocks come to WA I will show you the low lights
Wanneroo Tavern (Coffin cheaters owned) has 15 year old strippers and great décor , as for pubs with segregation its rife you never been Mt Isa or most Northern WA Abo hot spots.

yes my sunshine , i fit nowhere, at least i have a country under my arse , you at the moment are "homeless " the coffin cheaters dont even get a mention in the world of "outlaw" bikers the last time they came east the S.A.P.O.L. Turned them around at CEDUNA and sent them home, i guess you would know a lot about 15 year old strippers , how do you know i hav, nt been to MT ISA sunshine? is that be,cos you did,nt see me their, i.ve been in this country long enough to have seen most of it , you..9YEARS..? i bet you hardly left the "OLD BAILEY", MM
Old Jul 7th 2003, 9:36 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

I grew up in a single-parent council house in the UK where all my clothes were second hand, two veg was practically a luxury, my mum spent all year paying off what little she could afford to buy for xmas, and phones were what other people had.

Was I better off than most of the abused, unwashed, and unloved aboriginal's in Australia?

Yes, in my experience.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 10:32 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Originally posted by gOD
I grew up in a single-parent council house in the UK where all my clothes were second hand, two veg was practically a luxury, my mum spent all year paying off what little she could afford to buy for xmas, and phones were what other people had.

Was I better off than most of the abused, unwashed, and unloved aboriginal's in Australia?

Yes, in my experience.
To which most Aboriginals do you refer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.