Aussie Police

Old Apr 29th 2003, 5:25 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I still find it near impossible to believe,
That even Poms could be so naive,
As to think,
That Aussie shit don't stink!

Am I so slow,
Or is Dotty in the know,
That there exist,
Believers in fairy tales?

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 29th 2003 at 7:23 am.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:07 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

There's many a Pom
With sunglasses on
Who dreams the Australian life
Of streets free of crime
No litter and grime
And no more trouble or strife

You must be a fool
To not have a pool
And a house on a half acre block
So off for the visa
(The wife, it'll please 'er)
And off to Australia they flock

And so to arrival!
(One tip for survival,
watch for the spiders that bite)
It's sunny and beachy!
Life is so peachy!
(Though something went bump in the night)

And now that they're here
And sampled the beer
(That VB it tastes of piss)
They mix with their own
In the yard at their home
And realise there's something they miss

It's difficult to finger
But home thoughts, they linger
And it's more than a 'phone call away
Good luck to Australia
And all those who sail here
As the dream slowly fades away
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Just this morning, chatting with a immigrant friend from Sussex, she has been here a year. "God we were so Gullible", " Stupid pommies we believed any Sh-- we wanted to hear".

Shes a good mate, and can fortunately laugh at how it really is compared to the "dream" they had in the UK. She can afford to laugh tho they kept a property in the UK and a share in a business.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 7:27 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jayr
There's many a Pom
With sunglasses on
Who dreams the Australian life
Of streets free of crime
No litter and grime
And no more trouble or strife

You must be a fool
To not have a pool
And a house on a half acre block
So off for the visa
(The wife, it'll please 'er)
And off to Australia they flock

And so to arrival!
(One tip for survival,
watch for the spiders that bite)
It's sunny and beachy!
Life is so peachy!
(Though something went bump in the night)

And now that they're here
And sampled the beer
(That VB it tastes of piss)
They mix with their own
In the yard at their home
And realise there's something they miss

It's difficult to finger
But home thoughts, they linger
And it's more than a 'phone call away
Good luck to Australia
And all those who sail here
As the dream slowly fades away
Ah Master "jayr",
You does amaze ma!
Old Apr 29th 2003, 8:45 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

C'mon people let's get real! I've watched Neighbours and Home and Away for years and seen none of these horrors you talk of. Mind you, I do recall young Toby I think it was, throw a hand grenade into Erinsboro pond. Oh and Joe Mangle kicked bouncer once but I think this was accidental.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default crime in oz

hi im del boys wife allison and am concerned about what some of you pomms have to say; is it because you r sad people who have failed in oz or just that you r truly right . I dont mean to sound rude but i think everyone expectations r different thank goodness.I know everycountry must have problems including all the right and wrong people in it but all i hope is that i can feel safe and secure in my space and my children , and at the moment i dont in the uk , i might not even in oz but i have got nothing to loose here so i will give it ago .Can someone tell me the real story of crime in oz without getting to down on life i would like to hear. Im sure you all have some good and nasty tales to tell please specially you pb astard ; there must be something nice comes out of your mouth or is all doom and gloom see you allison
Old Apr 29th 2003, 11:12 am
Banned

Default Re: crime in oz

Originally posted by delboy
hi im del boys wife allison and am concerned about what some of you pomms have to say; is it because you r sad people who have failed in oz or just that you r truly right . I dont mean to sound rude but i think everyone expectations r different thank goodness.I know everycountry must have problems including all the right and wrong people in it but all i hope is that i can feel safe and secure in my space and my children , and at the moment i dont in the uk , i might not even in oz but i have got nothing to loose here so i will give it ago .Can someone tell me the real story of crime in oz without getting to down on life i would like to hear. Im sure you all have some good and nasty tales to tell please specially you pb astard ; there must be something nice comes out of your mouth or is all doom and gloom see you allison
Don't believe me, I know nothing about crime. Nor do the other hooligans that hang around here.

Worst thing that happened to me criminally in the last year was a pimply young bloke (17?) cadged $2 from me claiming he needed the bus fare. Later saw him toting a carton of beer to his car. Should have given him a kick in the quoit, poetic but a crime.

Have a gander at:
Australian Institute of Criminology
Old Apr 29th 2003, 12:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

ALLY good news, just moved a young guy, in the other day, just returned from the old dart, with his scottish bride spent 5yrs in london with [De l lo r] guess the rest , back here 5 mins , pick, s up a nice bean counter job with orlando wines , a positive story , i see these every day ...mm
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:13 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Read the australian papers online, you will discover it's much the same as UK, though 'hoons' and utes don't seem to mix well. I know there's a view that Oz has less crime but my own impression is that its much the same
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:55 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Australia is a mini UK with the same crime and drawbacks , this story reminds me of the good old days in the London Met.
PS If you think any of us have failed dream on we just see the real Australia you seem blind too , there is no land of plenty , you have more to lose than you know .

WEST Australian police officers cavorted with strippers and paid for sex with prostitutes, compromising their roles in law enforcement, the state's police royal commission heard yesterday.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Adults only this goes on in the UK , theres no answer to this apart from a life sentence.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 30th 2003 at 4:04 am.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:59 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
ALLY good news, just moved a young guy, in the other day, just returned from the old dart, with his scottish bride spent 5yrs in london with [De l lo r] guess the rest , back here 5 mins , pick, s up a nice bean counter job with orlando wines , a positive story , i see these every day ...mm
Does make you wonder why so many Australians head off to the UK , could be shite sinks to the bottom? and the best head North , will Kylie ever return god I hope so .
We know many who gave up on Australia and have never returned but they had skills that count.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 30th 2003 at 1:24 am.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Allison, I dont think people are posting here that crime is in Australia because they have failed! They are posting that because WE HAVE CRIME here.

My personal experience has included, burglary, by adults. Burglary and vandalism by children as young as eight. Car break ins. Theft of property from home and business.

We personally know of child abuse in its most sickening form, which we reported. Friends with teenage children with Drug problems, and a friends eight year old daughter picked up by alleged pedophile.

We have friends and family all over the UK, Canada, USA, and to be quite honest, I only see and hear the same from them as we get here.

Would I walk on the streets at night after dark, NO.
Could my teenagers buy any drug they wanted easily YES.
Would I allow younger children to play where I could not see them NO.
Do I see needles in public places YES.
Have their been armed robberies near me YES.

Human nature dictates that Australians will have just as many crooks criminals, and sickos as anywhere else.

Somebody suggested you read the on line newspapers. Here are a few names The Courier Mail, The age, The Australian, Sydney Herald.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Shiralee is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to disappoint Allison but crime is a reality here. Perth is the crime capital of Australia. Our house contents insurance doubled....yes doubled....when we moved from Melbourne to Perth and we unfortunately soon found out why. Within weeks of arriving in Perth everything was stolen from our lock-up garage.
We live in East Fremantle and when we arrived I did all my shopping in Freo but my husband felt uncomfortable with this as there were just too many dodgy characters for it to be safe there with two small children. He suggested I shop in the shopping centres instead but I had the misfortune of sitting with a group of women at school who had each been directly affected by crime in shopping centres, from minor to pretty sickening crimes. They don't have a police station in the shopping centre for nothing - and that's in a good area. I have never felt so vulnerable as I have living here in Perth, it seems everyone I meet here has a terrible story to tell.
There are great things about Australia but being crime-free is not one of them.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:21 am
Karma Comedian

Allison

I trust you no longer think we are sad people who have failed?

Jayr
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:45 am
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

saw this thread and decided to post...never been to Oz (currently in Canada) but have seen crime stats, and remember reading that for australia, they are amongst the very worst in the world, particularly for theft (property and personal).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.