Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Open in Melbourne

Aussie Open in Melbourne

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:12 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Aussie Open in Melbourne

Calling all tennis-loving Melburnians (all 3 million of you?):

How easy is it for us bog-standard (should that be 'dunny-standard'?!) members of the public to get tickets for, say the Aussie open? Do you have book months/years in advance (as for the UK's Wimbledon)? And approx how much does it cost?

All info very welcome - and may the best player win

TIA,
Anya.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Open in Melbourne

Originally posted by anya4oz
Calling all tennis-loving Melburnians (all 3 million of you?):

How easy is it for us bog-standard (should that be 'dunny-standard'?!) members of the public to get tickets for, say the Aussie open? Do you have book months/years in advance (as for the UK's Wimbledon)? And approx how much does it cost?

All info very welcome - and may the best player win

TIA,
Anya.
I went last year - got centre court tickets for about $30.
I bought them on internet and could choose where abouts I wanted to sit (in the shade!)
You canjust turn up any day if you want ground tickets (outside courts not show courts) and they were about $15
I think www.australianopen.org or www.ticketek.com.au
brilliant day out
just a shame that so much of centre court is reserved for corporate. when we went 70% of the corporate seats were empty and we were watching people like Agassi & Williams.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:23 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Aussie Open in Melbourne

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I went last year - got centre court tickets for about $30.
I bought them on internet and could choose where abouts I wanted to sit (in the shade!)
You canjust turn up any day if you want ground tickets (outside courts not show courts) and they were about $15
I think www.australianopen.org or www.ticketek.com.au
brilliant day out
just a shame that so much of centre court is reserved for corporate. when we went 70% of the corporate seats were empty and we were watching people like Agassi & Williams.
Thanks HP - sounds terrific! I'd love to see either of the Williamses play.... $30 sounds a bargain, too.

The corporate scene really dominates Wimbledon now - as it does the cricket, opera, rugger etc. A shame,as many of these corp people only want to talk deals, not watch the game/perf etc.

Will keep those links, & when the time comes.... yessssss!

Thanks!
Anya.