Aussie movies.

Old Jul 21st 2003, 7:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"Wog Boy" is on BBC2 this week - late Fri night/Sat morning - well worth seeing.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:41 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie movies.

Originally posted by Keelie
Having read Bill Bryson's best-seller on his travels through Australia... as well as other authors, I've started seeking out Aussie movies.

Last week-end we watched a recent film (on DVD) called 'RABBIT-PROOF FENCE' ..the true story of three Abo girls who were take from their mother to be 'educated' in a white settlement.
I'd recommend this movie to anyone who's interested in knowing more about the native people of Aust.
We're very impressed with the calibre of film coming out of Australia...the realism in some of these movies is at times, painful, the acting marvellous.
So good on you Nicole Kidman and Russel Crowe (N.Z) Anyone seen an Aussie movie that they'd recommend?
Keelie.
Also good are:

My Brilliant Career
Razorback

Last edited by Pookin; Jul 21st 2003 at 8:46 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Keelie
'CRY IN THE DARK' The true story of a child who was seized by a Dingo from a campground in Australia.
Meryl Streep plays the part of the mother, and in my opinion this is her most underrated part...she was marvellous...the Aussie accent, the manerisms, you'd swear she was dinkum Aussie.
This movie is still available in video, and gives a realistic look at the Australia of the 70's.
Keelie.
This was actually called something else in Australia, and I've noticed that a few movies have different titles over here from what they were called in Australia.

The american comedy about the caveman who was found in ice where the parent's pool was being built springs to mind (sorry can't remember either title (too much champagne)
Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:48 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
"Wog Boy" is on BBC2 this week - late Fri night/Sat morning - well worth seeing.
Yeah if you are a fan of total crap.

Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:52 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
"Total Crap".

Total Crap...haven't seen it...is that the one with Ray "The Hair" Martin in the lead role?
Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ahah PB awakes!
Wondered when you'd crawl out of your hole with a worthless comment. I actually didn't express an opinion on the merits of Wog Boy, someone had mentioned it earlier in the post, so I was merely observing that it is on TV this week.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 11:59 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Ahah PB awakes!
Wondered when you'd crawl out of your hole with a worthless comment. I actually didn't express an opinion on the merits of Wog Boy, someone had mentioned it earlier in the post, so I was merely observing that it is on TV this week.
How low can Brit TV go , good job you said they put it late .

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

My favourite ozzie film is Star Wars - it is a documentary about poms emigrating to Oz and is a story of useless, unemployed robots, one with an English accent and one who just makes squeaking noises (one of the refugees on this forum), who hate the empire.