Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie - Football paradise?!

Aussie - Football paradise?!

Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aussie - Football paradise?!

Originally Posted by wmoore
You'll have the feds knocking on your door any minute now. Shame on you, giving away national secrets.
So can you watch these live games over the internet, for free because the Arsenal match isnt on tv over here we have to watch the highlights later
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:07 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
So can you watch these live games over the internet, for free because the Arsenal match isnt on tv over here we have to watch the highlights later
Yes. If you're lucky you'll get English commentary but if not, it's easy to turn the volume down. I just checked http://www.football4less.com/schedul..._12082007.html and they're not showing anything for tonight but I'm sure that doesn't mean there will be nothing shown. Check back on this link in the next couple of hours.

I watched loads of games using this last season, mostly the FA Cup. This wasn't on Fox, only ESPN and ESPN is by far the worst TV channel in the history of the universe. Their commentators don't speak the same football language as the rest of us, don't understand the game / rules and are just generally a bunch of idiots. And don't even get me started on the actual quality of the broadcast. I try and avoid ESPN where possible but sadly sometimes it's unavoidable.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

thegriffs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sambo76
What a great place! I was getting a bit fed up of it being dark by 6pm, but now we have footy coming out of our ears! Watched a couple of games last night, day off today & then Blues v Blues tomorrow, followed by Man Utd.
Then maybe a barbie & beer down the beach afterwards to celebrate Jose's first home defeat at The Bridge, sweet!!!!!
Sam, KRO
Sorry,
chelsea 3 the Brummies 2

I will be over there soon, what channels are you getting the football on?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thegriffs
Sorry,
chelsea 3 the Brummies 2

I will be over there soon, what channels are you getting the football on?
We was robbed! (actually quute chuffed with 2 goals!)
Fox sports now has interactive so you can choose the game you want to watch & has replays of some of the games the next day too. However, we are in an apartment where we can't use the interactive red button (great, eh?) so we have to watch the game fox choose to show. Needless to say we are moving on December 1st when our tenancy is up for renewal! Something for footie fans to check before they move in!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:46 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charb
We've only been here 3 mths, & I wonder if my OH will ever convert to AFL...??!! I can't see it myself, but I suppose over time perhaps....
Hey, it's always a possibility, there's less diving around in AFL ...

I picked Rooney in my Fantasy Football League side this year by the way ... lumbering bleeding injury prone ox that he is ...
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:48 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Yes. If you're lucky you'll get English commentary but if not, it's easy to turn the volume down. I just checked http://www.football4less.com/schedul..._12082007.html and they're not showing anything for tonight but I'm sure that doesn't mean there will be nothing shown. Check back on this link in the next couple of hours.

I watched loads of games using this last season, mostly the FA Cup. This wasn't on Fox, only ESPN and ESPN is by far the worst TV channel in the history of the universe. Their commentators don't speak the same football language as the rest of us, don't understand the game / rules and are just generally a bunch of idiots. And don't even get me started on the actual quality of the broadcast. I try and avoid ESPN where possible but sadly sometimes it's unavoidable.
Nice link, "Wisla Krakow - Gronik Zabrze" ... is that a sporting contest or a Scrabble Championship?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:51 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Think you may need to re-evaluate the cricket theory as the cat piss they served during the ashes tests wouldnt have got me pissed if I was still drinking it from Boxing day.

I was happy to get served full strength beer last year at a Lions game which dulled the pain of one of the worst ever games I have seen against Carlton. There was 15 goals kicked (by both sides) compared to 37 behinds.

Originally Posted by worzel
I have a theory. Soccer is short of two hours from kick off to final whistle. Not that popular over here. AFL takes about 3 1/2 hours and is very popular. Cricket is the national sport and takes all day or 5 days straight for a test match. So the longer the sport, the more drinking you get to do and the more popular the game is.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:52 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Think you may need to re-evaluate the cricket theory as the cat piss they served during the ashes tests wouldnt have got me pissed if I was still drinking it from Boxing day.
In WA it doesn't matter whether you go to Subi for the footy, Members' Equity for the soccer or WACA ground for the cricket you only get Carlton Mid. So at least it is a level playing field. I was really thinking about watching at home on the telly, staying in my jammies all day, lying on the sofa burping and farting with a drink of my choice though.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:32 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
However, we are in an apartment where we can't use the interactive red button (great, eh?) so we have to watch the game fox choose to show.
Same here And we're moving soon too
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:32 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Nice link, "Wisla Krakow - Gronik Zabrze" ... is that a sporting contest or a Scrabble Championship?
I reckon somebody sneezed while dictating and the typist took it literally.