Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie - Football paradise?!

Aussie - Football paradise?!

Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

P & K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie - Football paradise?!

With the big kick off upon us I've just been on http://www.epltv.com checking the football on Tv worldwide. It seems that the Aussie & NZ get more live games than anyone, more so than the UK!
Is it right that you're down for five live games per weekend? North American coverage seems to be hit and miss depending where you live - can only get one guarenteed on the West Coast at the moment Might have to reassess the immigration plans!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Aussie - Football paradise?!

Originally Posted by P & K
With the big kick off upon us I've just been on http://www.epltv.com checking the football on Tv worldwide. It seems that the Aussie & NZ get more live games than anyone, more so than the UK!
Is it right that you're down for five live games per weekend? North American coverage seems to be hit and miss depending where you live - can only get one guarenteed on the West Coast at the moment Might have to reassess the immigration plans!
Not really sure about all the 'details', all I know is my OH is very excited, the fridge is full or lager, the laptop is all rigged up, there are about 500 friggen wires & leads around our house - all so he can listen / watch the football (aka soccer !). I think he'll be watching more here than he did back in England ! lol !

Anyway, thought I'd share that with you !!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:30 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds about right. There are 3 live games tonight but at 8pm, 10pm and midnight (ish) WA time I won't be watching much. To be honest, I would rather watch the AFL these days anyway.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

P & K is an unknown quantity at this point

So let's get this right, weather, beeches, great cities, more soccer than you can be bothered watching..and the AFL is even better! Mmmm, might have to have chat with the wife and kids....
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
That sounds about right. There are 3 live games tonight but at 8pm, 10pm and midnight (ish) WA time I won't be watching much. To be honest, I would rather watch the AFL these days anyway.
We've only been here 3 mths, & I wonder if my OH will ever convert to AFL...??!! I can't see it myself, but I suppose over time perhaps....
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So let's get this right, weather, beeches, great cities, more soccer than you can be bothered watching..and the AFL is even better! Mmmm, might have to have chat with the wife and kids....
Ah but don't forget, some people (OMG) actually go outside in public not wearing shoes I think that should put everything in perspective
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Follow a proper sport like Rugby League.....

Come on you Saints!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 9:13 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Follow a proper sport like Rugby League.....

Come on you Saints!
If there was a team in WA I would. I used to prefer watching it on tv to soccer in the UK (Saints also). Maybe one day? 2010 perhaps?

http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/nrlperth/
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:06 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Sunderland v Spurs right now followed by West Ham v Man City then Aston Villa v Liverpool,im hoping the wifes 40 winks lasts all night!

Roll on Setanta going out on Foxtel in Sept so i can see my beloved Rangers again!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Yup, five games on a weekend ...I'm staying up to watch Liverpool at midnight ...but don't know if OH will still be awake ( ). I do miss watching 'Saints'...St.Helens, but like worzel I just love Aussie Rules
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Rich_Lyn is an unknown quantity at this point

We have all the games setg up to record all weekend. I think we also get a lot of European games which is great cos they are in the morning. Beer + cornflakes!!. We went to AFL recently (Swans V WCE). It was a great close game, better live than watching on TV but a little bit too long for Mrs. We hope to get to the NRL semis and final in the next few weeks. First sport game we went to was Rugby Union (Eng V Aus) Eng got slaughtered!
The big thing we miss at the games (Sydney) is the lack of atmosphere, oh I miss the terrace surgin....
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:59 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Also on Fox for the first time tonight, you can choose which '3pm' game you want to watch live! It's like having a season ticket but without the over-priced beer and second-hand cigarette smoke
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

What a great place! I was getting a bit fed up of it being dark by 6pm, but now we have footy coming out of our ears! Watched a couple of games last night, day off today & then Blues v Blues tomorrow, followed by Man Utd.
Then maybe a barbie & beer down the beach afterwards to celebrate Jose's first home defeat at The Bridge, sweet!!!!!
Sam, KRO
Old Aug 12th 2007, 2:09 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Rich_Lyn
It was a great close game, better live than watching on TV but a little bit too long for Mrs.
I have a theory. Soccer is short of two hours from kick off to final whistle. Not that popular over here. AFL takes about 3 1/2 hours and is very popular. Cricket is the national sport and takes all day or 5 days straight for a test match. So the longer the sport, the more drinking you get to do and the more popular the game is.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:39 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I have a theory. Soccer is short of two hours from kick off to final whistle. Not that popular over here. AFL takes about 3 1/2 hours and is very popular. Cricket is the national sport and takes all day or 5 days straight for a test match. So the longer the sport, the more drinking you get to do and the more popular the game is.
You'll have the feds knocking on your door any minute now. Shame on you, giving away national secrets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.