Aussie Army

Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:16 pm
MOGGY

MOOGTHEFOOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie Army

Hi everyone

Does anyone out there know anything about the australian armed forces. I was wondering if a Uk citizen without a visa for australia, could join the australian armed forces.
I have looked on the aussie forces web pages, but it does not say anything about uk residents joining up.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Army

I think it depends on your skillset. TJUK would be best placed to tell you I reckon.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:11 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MOOGTHEFOOD
Hi everyone

Does anyone out there know anything about the australian armed forces. I was wondering if a Uk citizen without a visa for australia, could join the australian armed forces.
I have looked on the aussie forces web pages, but it does not say anything about uk residents joining up.

Are you civilian or have you served in the UK Forces?
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:30 pm
MOGGY

MOOGTHEFOOD is an unknown quantity at this point

19 year old civilian, with no qualifications
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by MOOGTHEFOOD
Hi everyone

I believe you must be either an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible for Aus Citizenship to join the Australian Defence Forces.

If in the British Forces you could apply to transfer, but must be able to satisfy for immigration requirements.

This link should give you all the info you need:- http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/
Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:04 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Mog,

Please se below an extract that I received about my son in law joining:

"He may still be able to join the Australian Army, if he is able to make his own way to Australia and obtain Australian Citizenship. Once he has been granted Australian Citizenship he then needs to get in contact with Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) either via phone 13 19 01 or website (www.defencejobs.gov.au). He will need to be aware that although he may gain Citizenship, he is not guaranteed that he will be enlisted into the Australian Defence Force (ADF)."

Therefore Lil is quite correct in her comments.

The only other route is to join the British Army...select a fast moving trade, work hard, go on Ops & get promoted to Sgt, then apply for lateral transfer...would take longer as you would need to be in for at least 9 or so years depending on trades....but you would be trained by the best Army in the world. Or do well in education apply for a British Commission get a couple of years under your belt (3 Min) and apply to transfer as above.

Good luck in whatever you choose..

TJUK

Last edited by TJUK; Nov 10th 2007 at 4:13 pm.