Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

aussie area maps

aussie area maps

Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:43 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default aussie area maps

can anyone help me i am trying 2 find street maps A-Zs of sydney or brisbane we are planning 2 go over 2oz in january 2 activate our visas and then come home and start to look at selling up but we are finding it hard to get hold of proper street maps. even if u can give us the I.S.B.N number of back this would be a great help thanks for looking cheers jonni boy
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default maps

Get hold of a UBD..they are the business..basically an ozzy a to z!!!!!Not sure where from though!!(brother sent mine over)!!

Sorry scott
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie area maps

Originally posted by jonni boy
can anyone help me i am trying 2 find street maps A-Zs of sydney or brisbane we are planning 2 go over 2oz in january 2 activate our visas and then come home and start to look at selling up but we are finding it hard to get hold of proper street maps. even if u can give us the I.S.B.N number of back this would be a great help thanks for looking cheers jonni boy
try this - you might be able to buy a map from them? http://www.whereis.com/search/search..._depart.jhtml;$sessionid$ONHAQK20X4YEVS0Z2WISDSY
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:26 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

For Sydney try www.ausway.com.au

We have the Melbourne map (Melway) and it is fantastic. More detailed than an A-Z too. It shows sleeping policemen and also the gradients of CBD streets to forewarn those in wheelchairs!

We had ours shipped and the postage was as much as the map, so it could be worth picking one up when you're there. Very prompt service though if you do have it sent to the UK

Regards, Kirsty
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:38 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a couple of good maps of Brisbane from Foyles bookstore (http://www.foyles.co.uk/foyles/default.asp) in London the other week :-

The best one is "Brisbane The Gold Coast" by Periplus Travel Maps. It's got street level maps of Brisbane and the gold coast. It was £4.99 and the ISBN is 962-593-049-3. It's a very thorough fold-out map.

The other map that I bought isn't as good, it's not as complete. It's called "Brisbane & Gold Coast" by Lonely Planet. Price was £3.99 and ISBN is 1-74059-434-7.

Of course the really cheap alternative is to visit the AUS Multimap web site :-

http://www.multimap.com.au/map/brows...in.x=6&in.y=10

which has street level maps that you can zoom in and out of.

Hope this helps !
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:43 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: maps

Originally posted by scottalison6
Get hold of a UBD..they are the business..basically an ozzy a to z!!!!!Not sure where from though!!(brother sent mine over)!!

Sorry scott
http://www.ubd.com.au/
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Here you go for Brisbane

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...850025-4183613

Sure they also have one for Sydney....
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:32 pm
ABCDiamond

Heres a link to a few Australian UBD maps available in the UK

UBD maps are popular, and also the UBD page and map reference are also often used in advertising to help people find places.

Australian UBD Maps in UK

Old Mar 16th 2004, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kirsty&al
For Sydney try www.ausway.com.au

We have the Melbourne map (Melway) and it is fantastic. More detailed than an A-Z too. It shows sleeping policemen and also the gradients of CBD streets to forewarn those in wheelchairs!

We had ours shipped and the postage was as much as the map, so it could be worth picking one up when you're there. Very prompt service though if you do have it sent to the UK

Regards, Kirsty

These are the ones to get, I have used the Melbourne and Sydney versions and they are great.

Everybody from government to business use Melway grid references in Melbourne. They cost about $45 for the 2004 version but you can buy last year's for about $25. The only differences will be in the outer (newer) suburbs)