Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aus is not pants?

Aus is not pants?

Old May 18th 2004, 10:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by jugsy
Surely in any city it's to do with what suburb you are in. I live in a suburb of Birmingham. I feel completely safe both during the day and at night. My neighbours are friendly, I quite often leave the back door open when I've popped out and I,ve never been the victim of any significant crime.The shop assistants are friendly, I've never seen syringes in the park the kids play in and when someone snapped my wing mirror off the police came round twice to show a prescence and deter kids from doing it again. Most people would assume that Birmingham was a dangerous and grotty place to live but that's not my experience because I don't live in one of the bad suburbs where crime is high and gangs rule. Surely the same can be said for Melbourne or any city in the western world.
Jugsy
Yes, you are absolutely right And it's the same all over the world. I've even heard that there are some safe places in the USA

Old May 18th 2004, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MeganEkno
Wow you are so enlightened. Country Victoria is surely going down the pot because of this instance. Perhaps we should never venture to Petersborough because girls get murdered there! Grow up.

There is no drive to make Australia perfect in this thread. As pointed out this whole thread is directed at how good and bad happens everywhere.

As for your mates living in Wang, gee what kind of people are they. They must live in an area of Wang I don't know about, or else they must be druggies who hand around the wrong kind of people to feel the need to have four big vicious guard dogs?

Wow what a nasty post.

Do you complain about the thousands of posts slating the UK?
NO

The UK is constantly slated on here, but if anybody dares jump out of line and suggest that aus also has issues they are usually attacked for doing so. Where is the balance?

Have a discussion but make sure the rules are the same for both teams.

I like the UK and I like AUS, lived in Victoria and Queensland, I cannot knock one or the other both have problems, both have good points. Thats why I made the post, to prove the reaction when someone says aus has negatives, as always the post was attacked. I dont see you attacking posts that drag down the UK do I.

Balance is the point, why is saying the UK is such a dump OK but the hallowed approach must be taken in all posts about Aus

Last edited by jad n rich; May 19th 2004 at 6:15 am.
Old May 18th 2004, 11:49 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MeganEkno
Some idiot will inevitably get on this forum and post you back saying Australia is going that way.
Lakemba
Old May 18th 2004, 11:51 pm

Originally posted by Grayling
Or the UK

G
Moss Side

Thankfully the burbs I listed are exceptional in both countries.

If I was a Melbourne Mafia man I would prefer my own gun but lucky I ain't one.
Old May 19th 2004, 1:30 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Download a picture of AMANDA here...
Old May 19th 2004, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jad n rich
Wow what a nasty post.

Do you complain about the thousands of posts slating the UK?
NO

The UK is constantly slated on here, but if anybody dares jump out of line and suggest that aus also has issues they are usually attacked for doing so. Where is the balance?

Have a discussion but make sure the rules are the same for both teams.

I like the UK and I like AUS, lived in Victoria and Queensland, I cannot knock one or the other both have problems, both have good points. Thats why I made the post, to prove the reaction when someone says aus has negatives, as always the post was attacked. I dont see you attacking posts that drag down the UK do I.

Balance is the point, why is saying the UK is such a dump OK but the hallowed approach must be taken in all posts about Aus
I stick up for the UK in equal quantaties.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:13 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
Same here Hevs, unless your part of the Melbourne underworld it seems pretty safe in most outer Southern Suburbs.
Hevs not part of the Melbourne underworld?? You *must* be joking!

Bordy, you've obviously not been reading Larissa's Frivolous Story Thread for Poll & Hevs- that explains all of Hevs' dark secrets.

http://67.15.12.206/forum/showthread...hreadid=229434

(Oh and you feature in it as well, you'll have to plow thru it a bit)

Anya.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:14 am

Originally posted by anya4oz
Hevs not part of the Melbourne underworld?? You *must* be joking!

Bordy, you've obviously not been reading Larissa's Frivolous Story Thread for Poll & Hevs- that explains all of Hevs' dark secrets.

http://67.15.12.206/forum/showthread...hreadid=229434

(Oh and you feature in it as well, you'll have to plow thru it a bit)

Anya.
Apparently Hevs is married to Osama Bin Laden.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:19 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by jad n rich
Hasnt Country Victoria got some pretty good goings on tho, what about Moe, the murdered baby and people chucking pigs heads through windows, some of the details in that case made country Victoria look less than pretty. Weve got mates in Wangaratta they keep 4 rotweilers as guard dogs! Think its a bit sweeping to say once out of Melb its all OK, there are some rough as hell dumps down there too, just like anywhere.

There seems to be a big drive on at the moment to make out aus is some squeaky clean safe old place, (not you, just forum in general), look I like aus but some of the posts are getting just a a bit too unbelievable, I can understand newbies or visitors claiming that its some drug free crime free world, the tourist haunts usually are very clean and very nicely controlled!! But the good old suburbs, no surely someones pulling a leg here
I have to say that the junkies' sharps disposal unit in the womens' restroom in Williamstown, VIC looked a bit cleaner than the one in the women's restroom in Grafton Center, Cambridge UK. Oh and it was a nice bright blue color, too, not like the boring old yellow ones we have in Cambridge.

Anya.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by anya4oz
I have to say that the junkies' sharps disposal unit in the womens' restroom in Williamstown, VIC looked a bit cleaner than the one in the women's restroom in Grafton Center, Cambridge UK. Oh and it was a nice bright blue color, too, not like the boring old yellow ones we have in Cambridge.

Anya.

Ah but Anya it's hardly a comparison, I mean blue is far the superior colour!

That sorts the argument once and for all!!
Old May 19th 2004, 9:22 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by bondipom
Apparently Hevs is married to Osama Bin Laden.
That's when she's not 'entertaining' David Beckham

Anya.
Old May 19th 2004, 12:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Sticks and stones. Frankly my dear, i don't give a damn
Old May 19th 2004, 12:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
Sticks and stones. Frankly my dear, i don't give a damn
Hevs, are you flouncing again? :scared:
Old May 19th 2004, 12:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

might be. Whats it to ya

I have a big viv west wood dress on, so i feel flouncy! Someone get back to the story and rip me out of it please