Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aus is not pants?

Aus is not pants?

Old May 18th 2004, 7:07 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by jad n rich
Hasnt Country Victoria got some pretty good goings on tho, what about Moe, the murdered baby and people chucking pigs heads through windows, some of the details in that case made country Victoria look less than pretty. Weve got mates in Wangaratta they keep 4 rotweilers as guard dogs! Think its a bit sweeping to say once out of Melb its all OK, there are some rough as hell dumps down there too, just like anywhere.

There seems to be a big drive on at the moment to make out aus is some squeaky clean safe old place, (not you, just forum in general), look I like aus but some of the posts are getting just a a bit too unbelievable, I can understand newbies or visitors claiming that its some drug free crime free world, the tourist haunts usually are very clean and very nicely controlled!! But the good old suburbs, no surely someones pulling a leg here

There sure are some rough as hell dumps in Melbourne as in any city, I think there fewer than a good few cities in UK though. The good ol suburbs around the South East here have very few problems & even in city at night I feel a helluva lot safer than wandering around Glasgow at night. The good ol suburb life over here suits us fine.
Old May 18th 2004, 8:39 am
ABCDiamond

There seems to be a big drive on at the moment to make out aus is some squeaky clean safe old place, (not you, just forum in general), look I like aus but some of the posts are getting just a a bit too unbelievable, I can understand newbies or visitors claiming that its some drug free crime free world, the tourist haunts usually are very clean and very nicely controlled!! But the good old suburbs, no surely someones pulling a leg here
I don't think anyone is saying that Australia is a squeaky clean safe old place, but there are areas that are pretty quiet and relatively safe, in Australia, and in the UK. And yes, thats in the suburbs, I just happen to live in one myself, which is one reason why I live here.
What parts of Australia do you have experience of ?

Old May 18th 2004, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We also live in a suburb, and I know people who leave the doors unlocked while they are pop down the shops, and people who lock the door, then leave their keys on the doorstep in a shoe! Mind you, the doors here aren't exactly tough enough to stop anyone determined!
Old May 18th 2004, 9:04 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
We also live in a suburb, and I know people who leave the doors unlocked while they are pop down the shops, and people who lock the door, then leave their keys on the doorstep in a shoe! Mind you, the doors here aren't exactly tough enough to stop anyone determined!
I lived in Darlinghurst and I everything gets knicked there. Once even had the neighbours lob a syring full of red liquid at us. Bondi is nowhere near as bad but I would not leave the doors unlocked.
Old May 18th 2004, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeff hardy
Which bl***y competition is that then, OzT? Go on, I just want to see you say it!
The .... Rug .......by .....W.......... No, I still can't bring myself to say it (unless we're talking about the 2 other occasions when we won it). (Sorry I didn't pick this up until now).

OzTennis
Old May 18th 2004, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I lived in Darlinghurst and I everything gets knicked there. Once even had the neighbours lob a syring full of red liquid at us. Bondi is nowhere near as bad but I would not leave the doors unlocked.
'Darling it hurts to see you down in Darlinghurst tonight' (Paul Kelly singing about 'hookersville')

(I know someone who was threatened with a syringe at an ATM in Melbourne CBD - fortunately he could run faster than his spaced out assailant and the message is don't use an ATM late at night by yourself in a 'dodgy' area of any city).

OzTennis
Old May 18th 2004, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

You have all reverted to the same theme - again! God it's so blo*dy tiresome.

Last edited by MeganEkno; May 18th 2004 at 1:55 pm.
Old May 18th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hasnt Country Victoria got some pretty good goings on tho, what about Moe, the murdered baby and people chucking pigs heads through windows, some of the details in that case made country Victoria look less than pretty. Weve got mates in Wangaratta they keep 4 rotweilers as guard dogs! Think its a bit sweeping to say once out of Melb its all OK, there are some rough as hell dumps down there too, just like anywhere.

Wow you are so enlightened. Country Victoria is surely going down the pot because of this instance. Perhaps we should never venture to Petersborough because girls get murdered there! Grow up.

There is no drive to make Australia perfect in this thread. As pointed out this whole thread is directed at how good and bad happens everywhere.

As for your mates living in Wang, gee what kind of people are they. They must live in an area of Wang I don't know about, or else they must be druggies who hand around the wrong kind of people to feel the need to have four big vicious guard dogs?
Old May 18th 2004, 1:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by MeganEkno
You have all reverted to the same theme - again! God it's so blo*dy tiresome.

Welcome back Meg, yes the " My place is better than your place" is getting a bit repetitive.
Old May 18th 2004, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default Re: Aus is not pants?

Originally posted by kong
Tell that to the likes of plumber then who slate the UK on the basis of their shithole welsh town. This site is full of people from crap towns and cities of Britain who judge the country as a whole on their deprived surroundings.

I'm not from a deprived surrounding. Brought up in the countryside, top secondary school in the Gloucestershire, went to Uni and now living in Bristol. I just think the lifestyle is crap.....matey!
Old May 18th 2004, 2:38 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Do you only feel safe with a concealed weapon license and a .38 stuffed down your pants? A lot of my neighbours and workmates only feel safe then.

Heaven forfend if Australia gets to that stage anywhere huh?

LOL I live in florida USA, Ulujain, and I had to laugh cos thats one of the reasons I'm leaving here. In almost any dispute over here you will hear "I'm gonna go git my gun!!" so sad.
please tell me its not that way in Oz.
Old May 18th 2004, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by callë
LOL I live in florida USA, Ulujain, and I had to laugh cos thats one of the reasons I'm leaving here. In almost any dispute over here you will hear "I'm gonna go git my gun!!" so sad.
please tell me its not that way in Oz.

Some idiot will inevitably get on this forum and post you back saying Australia is going that way.
Old May 18th 2004, 2:53 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MeganEkno
Some idiot will inevitably get on this forum and post you back saying Australia is going that way.
Or the UK

G
Old May 18th 2004, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Grayling
Or the UK

G
Yep that too!
Old May 18th 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Surely in any city it's to do with what suburb you are in. I live in a suburb of Birmingham. I feel completely safe both during the day and at night. My neighbours are friendly, I quite often leave the back door open when I've popped out and I,ve never been the victim of any significant crime.The shop assistants are friendly, I've never seen syringes in the park the kids play in and when someone snapped my wing mirror off the police came round twice to show a prescence and deter kids from doing it again. Most people would assume that Birmingham was a dangerous and grotty place to live but that's not my experience because I don't live in one of the bad suburbs where crime is high and gangs rule. Surely the same can be said for Melbourne or any city in the western world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.