aus military

Old Dec 20th 2004, 4:17 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ANSWER FROM OZ

Originally Posted by marson
Hello, I recently asked the question to immigration in Oz, I was told, a VISA would not be issued until they have exit papers in their hands. Then once there you can apply for a post in the service.

Mike
RAF
Mike

Not strictly true. My husband is in the RN and has served 23 years, he put his notice in in August this year and he can go early if he wants to. We put a letter with our application from his CO saying that he had submitted 12 months notice.

2 Others the husband knows have been successful in obtaining their visas whilst still serving. It maybe that the rules have changed since July as it was always the case that Discharge Papers will need to be sent before visa grant. Our bond was lodged last month and we are witing to see if papers will be requested.

Lucy
Old Dec 20th 2004, 4:19 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: aus military

Sorry I forgot to mention that you can transfer. My husband was looking into it and it takes about 4 months. He is a maintainer on a Commando Squadron.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: aus military

OK, so now I got the VISA, no exit papers required, just the no crime on record deal.

So now what.

Well I'm thinking what the RAAF have to offer..

Looking into it now, will post any info I get

Mike