Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Awaiting PR visa for nurse

Awaiting PR visa for nurse

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Smile Awaiting PR visa for nurse

Hi, I'm Rangersman's wife and posting for the first time on the forum, I am a Registered Nurse and we (my husband and 5 year old son) are hoping to move to Perth in October this year.

We had medicals done 10th May and are now awaiting our visa being granted (hopefully). How long are visa's taking to come through these days, our agent has told us 6-8 weeks.

I would be intersted to hear from nurses going to or who are in Perth.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:29 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Awaiting PR visa for nurse

Hi Rangersmans wife !!

As you are a nurse i really dont think you will have to wait too long for your visa
Im not a nurse,just wanted to say hi

Hubbys a rangers man himself (footie that is!)

Good luck.

Donna.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:09 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi havnt sent mine off yet and am no expert, but i am a midwife and have been looking at the timelines etc. general consensus is 2-2.5 months.
amanda
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:57 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I'm a nurse of to Perth
Our meds were on the 17/05/05 and sent a week later so I'm just behind you
Our agent reckons we'll hear towards the end of June - I'm hoping 4 weeks after submission.
Do you have job lined up ? I'm going to wing it and sign up with an agency until I get a feel for the place.
Let me know how you get on !
Gillian
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:59 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amanda76
hi havnt sent mine off yet and am no expert, but i am a midwife and have been looking at the timelines etc. general consensus is 2-2.5 months.
amanda
I think its nearer to 4-6 months now unless you front load then its nearer the 4 month mark
Gillian
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I think its nearer to 4-6 months now unless you front load then its nearer the 4 month mark
Gillian
Is this 4 -6 months you reckon from date of visa application or date of medical submission?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:24 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman
Hi, I'm Rangersman's wife and posting for the first time on the forum, I am a Registered Nurse and we (my husband and 5 year old son) are hoping to move to Perth in October this year.

We had medicals done 10th May and are now awaiting our visa being granted (hopefully). How long are visa's taking to come through these days, our agent has told us 6-8 weeks.

I would be intersted to hear from nurses going to or who are in Perth.
Have you tried posting this in the nursing section of the forum. You will get nurses who may also be going to Perth (me one of them) who can let you know what they are doing,

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Ange
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:35 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by kitty4
Is this 4 -6 months you reckon from date of visa application or date of medical submission?
Visa application! (it better be for my sanity)
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
Hi I'm a nurse of to Perth
Our meds were on the 17/05/05 and sent a week later so I'm just behind you
Our agent reckons we'll hear towards the end of June - I'm hoping 4 weeks after submission.
Do you have job lined up ? I'm going to wing it and sign up with an agency until I get a feel for the place.
Let me know how you get on !
Gillian
Hi Gillian,
No, haven't got a job yet, just doing agency form. Which agency are you applying to? I'm trying Nurseworldwide as they also have an office in Perth and do on going assignments. I don't think I'll have too many problems as I'm going to return to Aged Care and seems to be in demand. What area of nursing are you in?
Love to hear how you are doing too.
Rangersman's wife!
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:40 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by rangersman
Hi Gillian,
No, haven't got a job yet, just doing agency form. Which agency are you applying to? I'm trying Nurseworldwide as they also have an office in Perth and do on going assignments. I don't think I'll have too many problems as I'm going to return to Aged Care and seems to be in demand. What area of nursing are you in?
Love to hear how you are doing too.
Rangersman's wife!
Hi
I'm in contact with WANA, they seem to be friendly sorts ! I'm a psychiatric nurse. Like you I don't think there will be much prob. getting a job. I'm not so secretly hoping hubbie will get a job fairly soon after arriving and I won't have to do alot of work
Where are you hoping to settle ? We fancy the Northern suburbs with the rest of the Brits . We will have to sell our house before going so cross fingers.
Is your Visa thru you as a nurse or thru Rangermans trade ?
Gillian
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Awaiting PR visa for nurse

Originally Posted by sme
Hi
I'm in contact with WANA, they seem to be friendly sorts ! I'm a psychiatric nurse. Like you I don't think there will be much prob. getting a job. I'm not so secretly hoping hubbie will get a job fairly soon after arriving and I won't have to do alot of work
Where are you hoping to settle ? We fancy the Northern suburbs with the rest of the Brits . We will have to sell our house before going so cross fingers.
Is your Visa thru you as a nurse or thru Rangermans trade ?
Gillian
Hi Gillian,
Visa is through me as a nurse, I will be going back into aged care probably nursing homes. I have a friend in Dianella so looking to go near her, maybe look at Beechboro or near there as it has a good Anglican Church School.
Which part of North suburbs are you looking at?
Have you been before? Fortunately we don't have to sell house first but would prefer to, just makes life easier. I'll try WANA and ask my friend about them.She is a nurse over there too.
Me
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Awaiting PR visa for nurse

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Have you tried posting this in the nursing section of the forum. You will get nurses who may also be going to Perth (me one of them) who can let you know what they are doing,

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Ange
Hi Ange,
I tried on Nurse forum and disappointingly got no replies, I'll try again soon,