Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Assurer has been to Centrelink!

Assurer has been to Centrelink!

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Smile Assurer has been to Centrelink!

My assurer has been to centrelink with my letter from the DIMIA. Had to complete another 100 page form apparently, he did that there and then and was told by the kind lady that he should hear in about two weeks...

... any ideas whether this timescale is likely, I am getting used to things taking alot longer than expected now??

Also as my case officer has asked the assurer to go and get the assessment done and I assume lodge the bond after approval does this mean I have passed all the checks etc now??

Thanks ... Mark
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurer has been to Centrelink!

Originally Posted by chilliman
My assurer has been to centrelink with my letter from the DIMIA. Had to complete another 100 page form apparently, he did that there and then and was told by the kind lady that he should hear in about two weeks...

... any ideas whether this timescale is likely, I am getting used to things taking alot longer than expected now??

Also as my case officer has asked the assurer to go and get the assessment done and I assume lodge the bond after approval does this mean I have passed all the checks etc now??

Thanks ... Mark
Hi Mark
My Sister is our assurer and when she went to Centrelink it was a bit of a mess, no one seemed to no want form to fill out etc. Sure enough 3 days later she was asked to go back and do it all again, but once this was done we had a letter from Centrelink in a few days advising us that the Bond had been accepted and we got our Visas within the month,.

John
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Glad to hear it John.

They haven't asked for the money yet, guess they will do that once they have made there assessment!?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chilliman
Glad to hear it John.

They haven't asked for the money yet, guess they will do that once they have made there assessment!?
Hi my Sister did not have to go for an assessment, she just completed some forms. Don't worry they are quick enough to ask for the money when they need it!

John
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

the DIMIA called it an assessment, my assurer said all he had to do was do the forms!! .... got the money for the bond ready to go, just waiting for the nod!