Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Old May 31st 2007, 8:07 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ask me why I am awake at this time.

F C U Kin fantastic mate...so happy for ya xxxxxxx
Old May 31st 2007, 8:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
F C U Kin fantastic mate...so happy for ya xxxxxxx
Im shocked and overwhelmed at how worried I am about telling my Dad who inspite of me telling him each stage of the plans, he will not accept we are going.

The emotional rollercoaster really starts now in my book.

Cant wait to get those meds out of the way.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:21 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im shocked and overwhelmed at how worried I am about telling my Dad who inspite of me telling him each stage of the plans, he will not accept we are going.

He might surprise ya mate, and be sad to see you go but happy for you too.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Has he got family other than you in the UK? Would he entertain the idea of moving out there with you on a last-remaining-relative visa at some point in the future? Just a thought.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be worrying about absolutely everything now (even your next blog entry!!) Only you know your Dad well enough to know how to explain things to him in a way that will not hurt him, good luck with everything, I hope it runs smoothly for you.
S xx
Old May 31st 2007, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Has he got family other than you in the UK? Would he entertain the idea of moving out there with you on a last-remaining-relative visa at some point in the future? Just a thought.

Apparantly parents can't apply for that visa, they have to go with the parent visas. (only found that out today )
Old May 31st 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of

Congratulations Sam, really really pleased for you!!!

Try not to worry and enjoy your holiday!!

Take Care

Sara xxx
Old May 31st 2007, 8:55 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hes got my brother and two sisters but he wants all his family together and said he cant even think about me not being there.

No guilt trips or anything but it is truly devastating him.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:59 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
I follow your blog and I am really pleased for you!
Karma to help you along,
Karen B
Old May 31st 2007, 9:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hes got my brother and two sisters but he wants all his family together and said he cant even think about me not being there.

No guilt trips or anything but it is truly devastating him.
Yea, difficult situation. But there are no right or wrongs and ultimately we have to lead our own lives, or live in regret. Is he going to visit you guys when you're settled?
Old May 31st 2007, 10:07 am

Yea, difficult situation. But there are no right or wrongs and ultimately we have to lead our own lives, or live in regret. Is he going to visit you guys when you're settled?
He says he won't.

Thanks for the karma and pm's everyone.

Roll on the day we get the visa.
Old May 31st 2007, 9:21 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Go on, ask me.

About ten mins ago I was snoring my little head off in bed, Abdel had fallen asleep in front of the TV.

I dreamt I heard the phone ringing and woke up and it was, answered it and thought I heard an Aussie voice at the other end but as I was half asleep it could have been anyone.

Abdel got the other phone and was smiling from ear to ear and then handed me the phone, and guess who it was?????

It was the very nice Agent 007 The Lombard.

'Did I wake you?' He asked sounding very happy.

'You can wake me anytime' I replied.

Well I am glad he did because following our complaint to the higher authority about Mr PP's security clearance, it appears he was cleared yesterday (think it was yesterday, I am far too excited to check).

We now have to wait requests to get our medicals redone and police checks.

I knew once we had booked an expensive holiday and me taken on a decent job, this would happen.

After discussing with The Lombard about the short man - John Howard himself and how I would soon be 'Johnny's Girl', I then told him that there was no way Abdel was going to sleep now.

I had to come online as The Lombard told me to check my email and there it is in black and white.

So meds and police checks need redoing and all of a sudden I could vomit, I am so scared to tell my Dad, we won't tell him until the visa is granted and we have decided to go beginning of next year to give our families time to come to terms with it. Oh and a small matter of making up some money we have taken from 'Aussie fund' to pay for Africa.

Bloody hell, I am too excited to sleep now, Abdel is wide awake and pacing up and down with a smile on his face.

George Lombard - you are brilliant (not to mention you have a very nice voice indeed).

Anyone got any sleeping tablets? I don't know what to be more excited about, Namib Desert, Etosha or Australia.
Great news PP