Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Old May 30th 2007, 12:35 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Go on, ask me.

About ten mins ago I was snoring my little head off in bed, Abdel had fallen asleep in front of the TV.

I dreamt I heard the phone ringing and woke up and it was, answered it and thought I heard an Aussie voice at the other end but as I was half asleep it could have been anyone.

Abdel got the other phone and was smiling from ear to ear and then handed me the phone, and guess who it was?????

It was the very nice Agent 007 The Lombard.

'Did I wake you?' He asked sounding very happy.

'You can wake me anytime' I replied.

Well I am glad he did because following our complaint to the higher authority about Mr PP's security clearance, it appears he was cleared yesterday (think it was yesterday, I am far too excited to check).

We now have to wait requests to get our medicals redone and police checks.

I knew once we had booked an expensive holiday and me taken on a decent job, this would happen.

After discussing with The Lombard about the short man - John Howard himself and how I would soon be 'Johnny's Girl', I then told him that there was no way Abdel was going to sleep now.

I had to come online as The Lombard told me to check my email and there it is in black and white.

So meds and police checks need redoing and all of a sudden I could vomit, I am so scared to tell my Dad, we won't tell him until the visa is granted and we have decided to go beginning of next year to give our families time to come to terms with it. Oh and a small matter of making up some money we have taken from 'Aussie fund' to pay for Africa.

Bloody hell, I am too excited to sleep now, Abdel is wide awake and pacing up and down with a smile on his face.

George Lombard - you are brilliant (not to mention you have a very nice voice indeed).

Anyone got any sleeping tablets? I don't know what to be more excited about, Namib Desert, Etosha or Australia.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:40 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Fantastic news Sam
Old May 30th 2007, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Go on, ask me.

About ten mins ago I was snoring my little head off in bed, Abdel had fallen asleep in front of the TV.

I dreamt I heard the phone ringing and woke up and it was, answered it and thought I heard an Aussie voice at the other end but as I was half asleep it could have been anyone.

Abdel got the other phone and was smiling from ear to ear and then handed me the phone, and guess who it was?????

Well I am glad he did because following our complaint to the higher authority about Mr PP's security clearance, it appears he was cleared yesterday (think it was yesterday, I am far too excited to check).

I knew once we had booked an expensive holiday and me taken on a decent job, this would happen.

After discussing with The Lombard about the short man - John Howard himself and how I would soon be 'Johnny's Girl', I then told him that there was no way Abdel was going to sleep now.

I had to come online as The Lombard told me to check my email and there it is in black and white.

So meds and police checks need redoing and all of a sudden I could vomit, I am so scared to tell my Dad, we won't tell him until the visa is granted and we have decided to go beginning of next year to give our families time to come to terms with it. Oh and a small matter of making up some money we have taken from 'Aussie fund' to pay for Africa.

Bloody hell, I am too excited to sleep now, Abdel is wide awake and pacing up and down with a smile on his face.

George Lombard - you are brilliant (not to mention you have a very nice voice indeed).

Anyone got any sleeping tablets? I don't know what to be more excited about, Namib Desert, Etosha or Australia.
Excellent Sam
Old May 30th 2007, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Haven't been on here for a while and what do I see?!! Congrats PP - it's been a long time comin'!!

xx shears
Old May 30th 2007, 12:43 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we still have to get meds done again so that will take a while I think.

God Wendy, I feel sick, excited and like crying because of my Dad being ill recently and silly though it sounds, I know Gordon wont be coming.

You never know how you are going to feel until it happens and this is the strangest set of emotions I have ever had.

Just when you think you know yourself....

I think we have to wait for our CO to request the new meds I should think.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news, well done to both of you for getting it.

Farideh
Old May 30th 2007, 12:48 am
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Congratulations! I'm sure you wont get much sleep now!
Old May 30th 2007, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Fantastic news, well done to both of you for getting it.

Farideh
Well I cant get too excited, hes only cleared his intelligence which took 15 months

We have to redo meds and police checks but I think visa grant will be quick to follow.

I cant sleep now.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. I hope Australia turns out to be everything you want it to be.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:52 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Congratulations well done on sticking with it
Old May 30th 2007, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Congrats. I hope Australia turns out to be everything you want it to be.

Well I had a recent chest xray and it was all fine but Im still nervous about having them redone.

I wonder when we will hear from our CO about having them redone?
Old May 30th 2007, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well we still have to get meds done again so that will take a while I think.

God Wendy, I feel sick, excited and like crying because of my Dad being ill recently and silly though it sounds, I know Gordon wont be coming.

You never know how you are going to feel until it happens and this is the strangest set of emotions I have ever had.

Just when you think you know yourself....

I think we have to wait for our CO to request the new meds I should think.
It will all be fine. You've waited so long for this, I know you are going to make it work
Old May 30th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news PP ! at last ...

Nicky
Old May 30th 2007, 12:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Go on, ask me.

Sam and Abdel, I am so pleased for you. This news has brightened my day (not that it was a dull one anyway) but I am grinning for you both.

Well done guys.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:56 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.