Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Old May 30th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask me why I am awake at this time.

Congratulations to you Sam, you deserve some good news. Nice things happen to nice people like you!

LibbyX
Old May 30th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what fantastic news, I am sooo pleased for you all

Mixed bag of emotions though init?

I cried with relief when we got ours, it's a long journey alright.

Go celebrate

Mandy
Old May 30th 2007, 7:49 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just had an email from The Lombard telling me John Howard is yesterdays man.

Hes still going to be in my stories though, it wouldnt be right without him.

Im waiting for him to get back to me about if we should wait for our CO to request meds or should we front load. We are not planning on going till Jan/Feb next year.

Thanks for you good wishes guys, karma and pm's - really cheered me up.

I still feel sick and unable to concentrate, is that normal?
Old May 30th 2007, 7:55 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have just had an email from The Lombard telling me John Howard is yesterdays man.

Im waiting for him to get back to me about if we should wait for our CO to request meds or should we front load. We are not planning on going till Jan/Feb next year.

Have been following your visa application since we joined, am really pleased things are moving for you now. Wishing you all the luck and best wishes.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:56 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
Have been following your visa application since we joined, am really pleased things are moving for you now. Wishing you all the luck and best wishes.
Thank you for that

It will be a relief when the meds are redone.

Im dreading telling my Dad. Hes known all this time but it tears him apart and I think he hoped it wouldnt happen.

It would mean so much to get his blessing.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that

It will be a relief when the meds are redone.

Im dreading telling my Dad. Hes known all this time but it tears him apart and I think he hoped it wouldnt happen.

It would mean so much to get his blessing.
Congratulations Sam, you can start to believe that you'll get there again- any tips for winning the lottery???Looks like the great god Lombard has been utilising a fresh batch of thunderbolts for you, just before the Health and Safety commision get them banned.
Really chuffed for you.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:20 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news Sam!
Old May 30th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Fantastic news. Wishing you lots of luck.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by lilstewie
Congratulations Sam, you can start to believe that you'll get there again- any tips for winning the lottery???Looks like the great god Lombard has been utilising a fresh batch of thunderbolts for you, just before the Health and Safety commision get them banned.
Really chuffed for you.
Is Gobbyjock at home today, I seriously need to hear her no-nonsense Scottish voice.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Is Gobbyjock at home today, I seriously need to hear her no-nonsense Scottish voice.
She's off to town to nab some A$ - I get lumbered with the hoovering Woo Hoo (That's sarcasm by the way)
Old May 30th 2007, 9:40 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Well done, that's good news. You seemed to have been waiting for ever!

I'd agree with George re John Howard, can you not introduce Kevin Rudd and his Cherie-like wife Theresa Rein into your stories?

And, yes, feeling sick is normal. I was terrified when we got our visas but, after 9 months in Perth, life's great and I wouldn't have it any other way.

You'll be here before you know it. Should we start planning the welcome party soon?!
Old May 30th 2007, 9:44 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Can't believe I missed this thread - I spotted the news on your blog. Sorry to sound a bit like a stalker but I log on every day to expats, rarely post, but one of things I look for is any good news for your and your man.

So, huge congratulations... and may be the final pieces come together smoothly and quickly.

BTW the sickness gets worse.......!!
Old May 30th 2007, 9:45 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

PP - I am so happy for you.......a phone call you don't mind being woken up for.......brill news. Hope the meds and everything go well!!
Old May 30th 2007, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!!! so pleased for you, you both deserve all the happiness in the world for being so patient. Really chuffed for you
Old May 30th 2007, 10:29 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Go on, ask me.

About ten mins ago I was snoring my little head off in bed, Abdel had fallen asleep in front of the TV.

I dreamt I heard the phone ringing and woke up and it was, answered it and thought I heard an Aussie voice at the other end but as I was half asleep it could have been anyone.

Abdel got the other phone and was smiling from ear to ear and then handed me the phone, and guess who it was?????

It was the very nice Agent 007 The Lombard.

'Did I wake you?' He asked sounding very happy.

'You can wake me anytime' I replied.

Well I am glad he did because following our complaint to the higher authority about Mr PP's security clearance, it appears he was cleared yesterday (think it was yesterday, I am far too excited to check).

We now have to wait requests to get our medicals redone and police checks.

I knew once we had booked an expensive holiday and me taken on a decent job, this would happen.

After discussing with The Lombard about the short man - John Howard himself and how I would soon be 'Johnny's Girl', I then told him that there was no way Abdel was going to sleep now.

I had to come online as The Lombard told me to check my email and there it is in black and white.

So meds and police checks need redoing and all of a sudden I could vomit, I am so scared to tell my Dad, we won't tell him until the visa is granted and we have decided to go beginning of next year to give our families time to come to terms with it. Oh and a small matter of making up some money we have taken from 'Aussie fund' to pay for Africa.

Bloody hell, I am too excited to sleep now, Abdel is wide awake and pacing up and down with a smile on his face.

George Lombard - you are brilliant (not to mention you have a very nice voice indeed).

Anyone got any sleeping tablets? I don't know what to be more excited about, Namib Desert, Etosha or Australia.

OMG! Sam! that is such fantastic news for you both! I could burst I am so pleased for you.....but I will make a mess in my lounge and the buyers are coming round tonight!

Jackie x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.