Ashes to be on SBS

Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:58 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ashes to be on SBS

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Cricket/A...546867743.html

Ashes on free-to-air after SBS swoops

By Trevor Marshallsea
March 2, 2005

Les Murray in a beige suit? Inspector Rex solving the case of the missing googly? Such events might be some way off, but cricket has at least come to SBS after the network's major coup in securing rights to broadcast this winter's Ashes series.

SBS yesterday announced it had swooped to buy the free-to-air rights for the five-Test series, while Channel Seven announced it would screen the tour's one-day internationals, as well as Australia's Twenty20 match against England on June 13.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:59 pm

Default Re: Ashes to be on SBS

I am not a big cricket fan but this is great news. At least I can watch us get humiliated again. Hope they make a contest of it this time.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

You mean it's not compulsive to lose at cricket has there been a rule change that i was not aware of
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by karenjc
You mean it's not compulsive to lose at cricket has there been a rule change that i was not aware of
They managed to win a test series away from home in South Africa so there is still life in the team.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Different kettle of fish against the aussies, England & South Africa two average teams. Mind you i'm not into cricket so i will play dumb when i get over there to avoid any piss taking.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:33 pm

Different kettle of fish against the aussies, England & South Africa two average teams. Mind you i'm not into cricket so i will play dumb when i get over there to avoid any piss taking.
Yep. You never know. One test win and a summer of rain.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:15 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by bondipom
They managed to win a test series away from home in South Africa so there is still life in the team.
l'm sorry to say but you have no hope of defeating OZ, South Africa is a second rate team compared to OZ . The Ashes series will be a humilating one sided slaughter just like the last 8 ashes series which England has lost. The Australian team is the best in the world and makes every other team in the world look like Amatures. Just because you can beat Zimbabwe or ski-lanka
does'nt mean you have a chance against OZ.
l remember the last ashes series, the English players looked like a bunch of clowns , stumbling, thumbling and crashing into each other. In one of the matches some of the English players refused to go back onto the ground because they did'nt want the be humiliated anymore. The English Captain look like he had a nervous breakdown when he trashed the English locker room with his cricket bat, after he got out for a duck, but he did'nt know the cameras were filming him.

Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by wombat42
The Australian team is the best in the world and makes every other team in the world look like Amatures.
Does that make the Australian team a bunch of immatures? At least they aren't loosing in your sig anymore.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:33 pm
wombat42

Does that make the Australian team a bunch of immatures? At least they aren't loosing in your sig anymore.
Its better to be a team of immature winners , then a team of mature losers.

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wombat42
Its better to be a team of immature winners , then a team of mature losers.
Is this similar to when "Dads army" had no chance of winning the rugby world Cup
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:53 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. You never know. One test win and a summer of rain.

Rain could well play in the the POms hands as the Aussie do nmot play for draws... the will declare an inning closed just to make a game of it.

As an aussie I of course want them to win, but I also want them to work damn hard for it
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:12 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

It will do you no good, :scared: ........................ mm
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:05 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Hate Cricket. What a waste of good tv space.