The Ashes

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default The Ashes

Had $10 with a guy at work today that the Poms would win the test series.......
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:17 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Innyjim
You may as well have had it on Qatar or Iran to win the next football World Cup!

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 1:00 pm
My thumbs have gone weird

thepoacher is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: The Ashes

The Pommies will narrowly win the first Test which will enrage the Ozzies into destroying them in the next four.

Result 4 - 1 to Australia.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 1:50 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepoacher
The Pommies will narrowly win the first Test which will enrage the Ozzies into destroying them in the next four.

Result 4 - 1 to Australia.

Are you seeing what the Aussies are doing to the Kiwis at the moment in the one dayers, and the Kiwis are suppose to be the 2nd best team in the world at the moment.

There is no way the Aussie will lose the first test, they know that that will be the most important one to set up the whole series.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Ponting, Hayden, Langer, Martyn, Gilchrist, Clarke, McGrath, Warne, Gillespie, Lee, Kasprowicz. Does anyone (least of all England) have any chance of beating this lot over a full test series?

England (like in the rugby) got a bit carried away with a good run against second rate opposition (not in the case of the RWC!) and thought they were world beaters.

I wonder if the likes of Lehman, Symonds, Watson, McGill et al who can't get a regular green baggy would get a cap for anyone else? I've got an idea now, why don't we send Australia A to defend the Ashes - which they would.

I'm just stirring a bit you understand (I anticipate replies that England won the last one day game - swallows and summers, just like the last soccer match).

I loved the sign at the Davis Cup match between Australia and GB - "The Poms used to come down under over 200 years ago to be flogged - nothing's changed".

OzTennis
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:38 pm
wombat42

You might as well have just set fire to your 10 buck note.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:54 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
You might as well have just set fire to your 10 buck note.
Wouldn't it just melt!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:12 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by fraser
Wouldn't it just melt!
Your right aussie money is made of plastic.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:02 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

The best odds are not on England winning but on a drawn series. I think you can get about $6 at the TAB. Aus to win is about $1.50 and England $2.50
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:15 pm
wombat42

England has lost the last 8 Ashes series. The current English team is no better then any of the previous losing teams so of course they have no hope of winning or even drawing in my opinion. The Aussie team are professionals the poms are second rate amuatures. l would'nt want to be the English Captain because after most Ashes humilations the Poms use him as the scapegoat and sack him, then replace him with someone thats even more incompetant.

Last edited by wombat42; Mar 3rd 2005 at 7:19 pm.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:17 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

England has lost the last 8 Ashes series. The current English team is no better then any of the previous losing teams so of course they have no hope of winning or even drawing in my opinion. The Aussie team are professionals the poms are second rate amuatures.
Yes I expect you to win, but your wrong about the quality of this English team
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:21 pm
wombat42

Yes I expect you to win, but your wrong about the quality of this English team
Well let them prove me wrong in the coming Ashes series.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:26 pm
wombat42

Perhaps to make the Ashes series slightly more even we should send the under 18 Aussie side to play against England. But then the humilation would be even worse if England was defeated by a bunch of Aussie high School kids.

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:26 pm

Well let them prove me wrong in the coming Ashes series.

Let the battle commence
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:29 pm
wombat42

Let the battle commence
A would'nt call it a battle more like a massacre or a one sided slaughter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.