Reload this Page >

Arriving in Perth in September

Arriving in Perth in September

Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

matt k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arriving in Perth in September

Hi,
We're arriving in Perth on 10th September 2004 and don't know a soul !!
We are: Matt 39, a carpenter, Jo 35, a (recently retired!) software engineer, Jasmine 5 and Roman 14 months and we're from Fleet in Hampshire.
When we arrive we'll be staying in Conolly and wondered whether there's anyone out there in a similar situation who'd like to meet up.
Cheers,
Matt & Jo
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Arriving in Perth in September

Originally Posted by matt k
Hi,
We are: Matt 39, a carpenter, Jo 35, a (recently retired!) software engineer, Jasmine 5 and Roman 14 months and we're from Fleet in Hampshire.
When we arrive we'll be staying in Conolly and wondered whether there's anyone out there in a similar situation who'd like to meet up.
Cheers,
Matt & Jo

Welcome guys, we live in Perth too.

Should be no probs getting work Matt, being a Carpenter(Chippy).
Old Aug 14th 2004, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hi matt,

shouldnt be a problem, there's plenty of folks out here already in perth or moving there within the next few months.
im hoping to get there by the end of november (if this bl#@% visa ever comes through) and i think most of us are in the same boat - new place, so no familiar faces....i believe this forum is a great place to get to know new people in your new home-town.

i've read about a perth meet-up, i believe it was in june sometime, but with all the people arriving in the next few months, another one might be a good idea! (i'm up for it!)

so, just keep eyes and ears open and computer permanently on this site and there won't be a problem!

good luck,

tanja
Old Aug 14th 2004, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hi

We are also in the same boat - we will be heading to Perth in early January if we can sell the house in time. We are hoping to be in Secret Harbour area (south) but have no family or friends in Perth. I reckon a meet up in the new year sounds a good idea - that way any new arrivals can hit the ground running & feel right at home.

cheers

pockygoes
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pockygoes
Hi

We are also in the same boat - we will be heading to Perth in early January if we can sell the house in time. We are hoping to be in Secret Harbour area (south) but have no family or friends in Perth. I reckon a meet up in the new year sounds a good idea - that way any new arrivals can hit the ground running & feel right at home.

cheers

pockygoes
Hi

We are heading to Perth next month if house sale completes on time and are likely to end up in Secret Harbour area too as we really liked it around there. Have just been looking up schools in the area but will have to wait till we get there to make our final decision, although it will definitely be south of Rockingham.

Do you have any kids? Let us know if you make it out in January, we'd love to meet up.

Sam
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

We are hoping to be South of Perth (Mandurah) by end Nov depending on visa and house ( well I can dream can't I?)

We'd love to go to a meet in new year and see everyone at last. Keep us informed.

Lindsey
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi all

We are hoping to be South of Perth (Mandurah) by end Nov depending on visa and house ( well I can dream can't I?)

We'd love to go to a meet in new year and see everyone at last. Keep us informed.

Lindsey

Good, somebody else heading south! See you there

Sam
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:30 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Cheers,
Matt & Jo
We have a weekly chatfest for all us "retired" ladies (currently known as the Perth Ladies coffee morning & Pole dancing club ) which you are more than welcome to attend Jo.

Also planning a few girlie nights out as a couple of us are being unfortunate enough to be offered Jobs (Do the employers of perth not know we have a hectic social life )

Had a BE family meet-up in July and will probably be another in October for the new arrivals.

Apart from the friends we've made here on expats we have also made friends with some of our neighbours (and their friends) and other locals who we've met in pubs and parks.

Based on our experieince here you wont have any difficulty making friends. As long as you are willing to be brave and make the first move the locals are more than happy to be friends.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:37 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Cheers,
Matt & Jo
Hi Matt

We are just waiting for our visas, we hope to be in Perth sometime in September. We are settling in the southern suburbs in a place called Leeming. We are similar ages but children are much older.

Is anyone organising a Perth meet for end of/ begining of next year?

Walla
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hi matt,

see - there's heaps of us! all in the same boat.
meet up after x-mas sounds great!

tanja
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
Hi

We are heading to Perth next month if house sale completes on time and are likely to end up in Secret Harbour area too as we really liked it around there. Have just been looking up schools in the area but will have to wait till we get there to make our final decision, although it will definitely be south of Rockingham.

Do you have any kids? Let us know if you make it out in January, we'd love to meet up.

Sam
Hi

Yes we have 9 year old twin boys who are relly looking forward to the move - have you got any?

Sounds like we will have a good get together in the new year - can't wait now. We are going dual agents on Monday to try to get the house sold as we really wanted to get to Perth in time for them to start the new school year. We think the boys are going to Secret Harbour school.

Good luck

Pockygoes

Keep in touch
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:37 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Cheers,
Matt & Jo
Well that is Siren's birthday actually, so sounds like one more reason for a piss up

Siren's better half
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pockygoes
Hi

Yes we have 9 year old twin boys who are relly looking forward to the move - have you got any?

Sounds like we will have a good get together in the new year - can't wait now. We are going dual agents on Monday to try to get the house sold as we really wanted to get to Perth in time for them to start the new school year. We think the boys are going to Secret Harbour school.

Good luck

Pockygoes

Keep in touch

Hi Pockygoes

Yes, we have 3 boys aged 2, 4 and 7! Selling your house is such a pain, isn't it? We are just getting to the point of exchange, but can't book flights, finalise removals or anything until we have some sort of idea when we will complete.

Good luck with selling yours, I hope the dual agent thing works for you. Our agent did say that the summer months were quieter and things pick up again September time, so lets hope thats true!

I'll let you know when we have some dates and we can keep in touch

Bye for now

Sam
Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:56 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I live in Port Kennedy, near Secret Harbour..pm me if you want someone to contact when you get there
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yvsie
Hi,
I live in Port Kennedy, near Secret Harbour..pm me if you want someone to contact when you get there

Hello Yvsie

Definitely will pm you once we have some dates (hopefully mid - late September). It'd be lovely to meet up with someone local especially as you've been there quite a while now, if I remember rightly.

Hope you are still enjoying it and look forward to meeting you soon.

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.