Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arriving in Perth in September

Arriving in Perth in September

Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:24 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Arriving in Perth in September

Hi all, we're heading to Perth in October. Probably going to the Cannington area. I'ma 35 year old nurse, hubby 31 is a telecoms manager, 4 year old girl, nearly 3 year old boy and another boy on the way. Can't wait to meet you all at last.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:57 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
Well that is Siren's birthday actually, so sounds like one more reason for a piss up

Siren's better half
ooooh ooooh ooooh - me me me !!! dont forget my invite

( .......... and jill, and maggy, and simone, and jo, and theresa, and ....... etc etc)

PS. as if we need a reason ...............
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vicky o
Hi all, we're heading to Perth in October. Probably going to the Cannington area. I'ma 35 year old nurse, hubby 31 is a telecoms manager, 4 year old girl, nearly 3 year old boy and another boy on the way. Can't wait to meet you all at last.
We have been here 11 weeks. and love it..we r in ocean reef just next door to where u r going....we have 2 children aged 4 and 5 ,im 25 and mick is 32,so if like pm and we can arrange a meet when u get here to have a few
natasha
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:07 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicky o
If you want to do a meet-up we are just up the road from you in Kensington.

Me 39 year old engineer, hubby 45 year old student, no kids but trainee baby sitters !!!!!!

Actually I say no kids but Chris has kids from previous marrige who have now given us grand kids - I'm a granny !!!!!!! !!!!!!! How is this [possible ??????????
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Sounds like we may have a ready made social life when we get there - we will all be in the same boat - so why not.

Just want to by on our way now - will save this post in my favourites so that we can all get together in the new year.

Here's to Perth

pockygoes
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

matt k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
We have a weekly chatfest for all us "retired" ladies (currently known as the Perth Ladies coffee morning & Pole dancing club ) which you are more than welcome to attend Jo.

Also planning a few girlie nights out as a couple of us are being unfortunate enough to be offered Jobs (Do the employers of perth not know we have a hectic social life )

Had a BE family meet-up in July and will probably be another in October for the new arrivals.

Apart from the friends we've made here on expats we have also made friends with some of our neighbours (and their friends) and other locals who we've met in pubs and parks.

Based on our experieince here you wont have any difficulty making friends. As long as you are willing to be brave and make the first move the locals are more than happy to be friends.
Thanks, sounds great, I'm definately up for that!!!!!
Cheers,
Jo
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:29 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris

Actually I say no kids but Chris has kids from previous marrige who have now given us grand kids - I'm a granny !!!!!!! !!!!!!! How is this [possible ??????????

Your kind offer has been gratefully accepted. Are you free Dec 24th??

Only joking!!!

Would love to meet up with you, will keep you posted on how things are going!!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:32 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

Originally Posted by bonza69
We have been here 11 weeks. and love it..we r in ocean reef just next door to where u r going....we have 2 children aged 4 and 5 ,im 25 and mick is 32,so if like pm and we can arrange a meet when u get here to have a few
natasha

We will definately Pm you when we get flight dates etc. Would love to meet up.
How have you found your first few weeks?
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hiya,

We will be in Perth in January (17th to be exact) and living in Currambine which I believe is the suberb next to Connolly.

It would be good to meet up with you all when we get there.

Dave, Helen & Nathan
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by darkless
Hiya,

We will be in Perth in January (17th to be exact) and living in Currambine which I believe is the suberb next to Connolly.

It would be good to meet up with you all when we get there.

Dave, Helen & Nathan
Great, keep us posted, hopefully we'll be old hands by then!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we're flying from Manchester on the 13th September and are spending 5 nights in Singapore on the way. We'll be landing in Perth on 19th September at about midnight!
We are aiming to settle around Rockingham/Safety Bay and it'd be great to get in touch with anyone in the area!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:47 am
Just Joined

crown coming today homless on friday perth here we come
Old Aug 18th 2004, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

sandra oldfield is on a distinguished road

Hiya,

There are a bunch of us from hampshire (portsmouth) that are all heading out to Perth in the next few weeks. We will be only too pleased to meet up!!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
Hi Pockygoes

Yes, we have 3 boys aged 2, 4 and 7! Selling your house is such a pain, isn't it? We are just getting to the point of exchange, but can't book flights, finalise removals or anything until we have some sort of idea when we will complete.

Good luck with selling yours, I hope the dual agent thing works for you. Our agent did say that the summer months were quieter and things pick up again September time, so lets hope thats true!

I'll let you know when we have some dates and we can keep in touch

Bye for now

Sam
Hey

Thought I would let you know - house sold - before we went with the other agent - had a call for a viewing (which turned out to be from someone we know) they came at 4.00, left at 5 & offered us the asking price at 5.10 - result. I am so chuffed - looks like all the plans are coming together (touch wood).

Keep the beers & G&T cold - we're on our way too!!!!

cheers

pockygoes
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sam

Great news about the house, do you have your visa yet?

I've also put this thread in my favourites. It'll be great to meet everyone once we get there.

Lindsey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.