Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Army - Quesitons

Army - Quesitons

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:49 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Army - Quesitons

[QUOTE=Al&Jo;5379030]I have read through some of these posts and have a few questions. We went to Oz house for our interview in Oct 05! Got a provisional yes subject to a further medical that had to be done last month. We are waiting for the doctors report to send it off. Have said there is no prob just need proof OH is ok.

My question is, what happens next? we need police checks and myself and kids need medicals. When where and how do we go about doing this? Do we wait until we are asked to get them or do it ourselves?

Also what is the general process? and timeline, is it any quicker than the civilian route?

hi,
we had our interveiw at oz house oct '06. we sent off for the police checks straight away to front load the visa. Then we recieved the labour agreement dec '06. They tell you to read up on the visa off the internet and we didn't bother and then regretted it as it took so much time to get certain things done I.E certified copies of every page in the passport ect. we could of had all that done. we were wanting to leave May '07. we got our visa through end of April and left the UK 14th May. we also did our medicals before they asked which was very handy.