Reload this Page >

Army - Quesitons

Army - Quesitons

Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Kcoleman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Army - Quesitons

Hi There,
I was wondering if anyone could offer some advise / info......My finacee is in the british forces and is looking to get transfered to Australia. We have an interview In August and I wondered if anyone had been through the same sort of thing, or knows of anyone that has.......we have heard that they are crying out for Officers which is what he is so fingers crossed?? We are hoping to move to Sydeny........??

Thanks in advance

Kermiy
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:53 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Army - Quesitons

Originally Posted by Kcoleman
Hi There,
I was wondering if anyone could offer some advise / info......My finacee is in the british forces and is looking to get transfered to Australia. We have an interview In August and I wondered if anyone had been through the same sort of thing, or knows of anyone that has.......we have heard that they are crying out for Officers which is what he is so fingers crossed?? We are hoping to move to Sydeny........??

Thanks in advance

Kermiy
hi Kermiy, i've moved your thread to the main Australia forum as it's more valid here and more likely to receive an answer
i think there have been some similar questions before, try the Search option (let me know if you need help with this)
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:09 am
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Hi There,

Thanks in advance

Kermiy

There are quite a few people on here who have done the process or going through it.

We transferred from the British Army to the ADF and have been out here since February. They are definitely after UK forces people so be patient, I am sure they will get in touch.

If you need any particular info etc, just ask or send me a PM.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hi,Thanks for your response.!!
I was really looking for details about the interviewing day, what to expect, how to prepare. The interview is on August 2nd and they have given us an outline but you can never be prepared enough.!
I've tried a search but it didn't bring up much, will try again however.!
Thanks again.
xxx
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:17 am
Just Joined

rabbitstew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We Are going down the ADF route or should i say only 6 week till we go.

Dont need to worry about the interview there is lots of different parts to it, the mane one i would say is the interview with the panel they will ask OH what he does and if you are going along how you feel about it all, Than theres the Doc just to see if hes fit and then the guy who does the postings,

We started this last Oct and will be going end of July The hardest part is filling in loads of forms they never end.

Good luck
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Hey Rabbit Stew (great name!!)
Thanks for your reply.......I just don't want to mess it up because we both want this so much it really would be a dream come true for both of us. Can I ask why it has taken 9months?
You must be getting exciting.!
Regards
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:31 am
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Hi,Thanks for your response.!!
I was really looking for details about the interviewing day, what to expect, how to prepare. The interview is on August 2nd and they have given us an outline but you can never be prepared enough.!
I've tried a search but it didn't bring up much, will try again however.!
Thanks again.
xxx
As mentioned, the interviews are fine. Go through and speak to the different people, welfare, Lt-Col, Doctor, Education people. You will get a yes or no on the day. Am sure it will be fine.

Make sure you takes all your docs with you, confidentials etc.

They are all very nice and it is a good opportunity to ask any questions. They may also have an idea of where you may be posted to in Oz.

Let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:35 am
Just Joined

It has taken that long due to

Interview Oct 06
Letter of offer Jan 07
Police checks Feb 07
Visa sent March 07
Visa accepted May 07
Posting order June 07
Fly Jul 07

It has gone faster than we thought but cant wait house gets packed up in 3 weeks time than to seem the family and the hardest part of all this the goodbyes.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:52 am
Just Joined

It must be really difficult to say good bye to everyone but Im sure everyone will be itching to get out and visit you.....!!

I hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions......please feel free not to answer.

1. What rank is your partner
2. Was he already in the British Army
3. Did he still have time to serve
4. Are you married?

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:58 am
Just Joined

It must be really difficult to say good bye to everyone but Im sure everyone will be itching to get out and visit you.....!!

I hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions......please feel free not to answer.

1. What rank is your partner
2. Was he already in the British Army
3. Did he still have time to serve
4. Are you married?

Thanks
Ask as many questions as you like i will help if i can, If not will ask OH for you.

He was a WO1 going in as a WO2
He was in the Signals
Just got out 3 weeks before interview
Yes will have been married 17 years the day after we land in OZ
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

We transferred from UK forces to Aussie Army two months ago, happy to help however possible, it's quite daunting in the beginning. There are quite a few people on here who have made the same move, from different backgrounds and to various Australian locations. Understandably a lot of people prefer to communicate via PM and may prefer not to hand out lots of identifying personal information.

To answer your questions though, OH & I are not married and it didn't cause us any problems. He too is an officer. He had to give 12 months notice to leave his previous post.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks Guys,
You have all been a big help.!!
x
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I have joined the ADF Navy and fly out 17 July, is has taken us nearly 2 years but partially my fault as I joined the Police on leaving the Navy after 24 years, but the Police is crap so I have been offered a job in the OZ Navy, same rank etc.

The process is straight forward with the forms the hardest thing, also not being able to take our daughter who is 21 but we will sort that out. If anyone wants any more info feel free, and strengh and honour
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:08 pm
Go for it !!!!

russandkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Going for the Royal Australian Navy as an Officer. Currently a Lieutenant and I am in the very early stages....just sent off my initial medical/application documents. Think I will end up in Sydney/Canberra. Waiting for the next stage, which is the conditions of service I think ?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

is that the officer lad i spoke to on the phone? ex maa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.