Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

areas around north lakes redcliffe etc

areas around north lakes redcliffe etc

Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:25 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default areas around north lakes redcliffe etc

hi

just wondering if anyone is up fro a meet up around these areas .we moved over from the uk in Oct 06 and have 2 kid 12,6 i am 29 and h/o is 32.we would love to meet up with people around here as we have found it hard to get to know people as we both work full time .so if anyone's up for it we can sort a date and time out but kids would have to come as well

cheers
Lisa
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:19 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: areas around north lakes redcliffe etc

Originally Posted by frogboy
hi

just wondering if anyone is up fro a meet up around these areas .we moved over from the uk in Oct 06 and have 2 kid 12,6 i am 29 and h/o is 32.we would love to meet up with people around here as we have found it hard to get to know people as we both work full time .so if anyone's up for it we can sort a date and time out but kids would have to come as well

cheers
Lisa
Hi Lisa,

we have just moved from North Lakes down to the gold coast, and being honest it was to try and get more of a social life, we found the northside very quiet, having said that NL is known as little britain so there are plenty of expats, try the NL tavern on a friday aft between 4-6 you will hear plenty british accents!!.

Best of luck lisa and regardless of the fact we moved we still think NL is a great area.

LP
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Chocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: areas around north lakes redcliffe etc

Hi we are close by in Dakabin, we have had a couple of meets with people but nothing that has gone onto anything. Like you we are both busy working full-time and wife has Uni, as well as a 3 and 5 year old.....!

I have been in touch with families in North Lakes who are on their forum. They have 15 families that meet regularly and arrange events such as BBQ's in various locations on the north side.

The address is http://www.northlakes.com.au/Forums/...1/Default.aspx

We have been unable to go to any events as they always have them on our busy day of that calender month.....but I am sure we'll get along.

Any way if you want more info PM me - we are always up for a beer and a chat.

Thanks,

Carl