archery

Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

tonyandwendy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default archery

does anyone know if i can bring my archery equipment over in a container with our other stuff?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:22 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: archery

Originally Posted by tonyandwendy
does anyone know if i can bring my archery equipment over in a container with our other stuff?
It all depends if they class it as a sport or a weapon, I don't know the answer but suspect you'll find it on one of these two possibly.

http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/re...s/weapons1.pdf

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4372

this site does say"

The following items are not controlled under the Regulations at present. However, you should contact the Firearms/Weapons Registry of your State/Territory Police Service to determine any requirements they might have on the possession of an item.

swords
bayonets
general archery equipment such as bows and arrows, except for crossbows

If you don't get your answer why not email the query direct to them.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

tonyandwendy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the info
tony
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:34 am

Hi
Thanks for the info
tony
Hope it helps we left a perfectly good air rifle in the UK because of the rules and regs plus a black widow catapult none of which we are allowed here unless of course the catapult is for fishing bait not pellets.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:10 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hope it helps we left a perfectly good air rifle in the UK because of the rules and regs plus a black widow catapult none of which we are allowed here unless of course the catapult is for fishing bait not pellets.

Oh, I didn't realise that catapults were prohibited, but I guess I should have guessed it.

It makes sense that that why people were looking at me strangely a couple of weeks ago when I was explaining that my dad always keeps one in his walking jacket pocket and often comes home with a pheasant or two as a result...

S
Old Oct 20th 2008, 1:17 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

we did, they didn't check it either, had it down on the inventory as archery equipment. Don't know if it should have been classed as sporting equipment or not but our bow and bits is now here.
Jenny
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:27 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
They even confiscate fishing catapults out of your container, quite silly really as general catapults are readily available here:curse::curse:
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by jensteve
we did, they didn't check it either, had it down on the inventory as archery equipment. Don't know if it should have been classed as sporting equipment or not but our bow and bits is now here.
Jenny
It all seems to come down to your container packers definition of what's allowed and what's not and who happens to open it at the other end and how much fuss they make about what's in it.

This site is full of stories of people who were allowed something and others who weren't, it's luck of the draw.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:15 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the Weapons Catagories Regulation for Queensland. I hope it gives you some idea, although bows (excluding crossbows) aren't mentioned. I've never had a licence for any of the bows/arrows that I have owned.
http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LE...ponsCatR97.pdf
As long as it is clean, they really won't care.