Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

applications using agents get preference?

applications using agents get preference?

Old Aug 21st 2003, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

blodwyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question applications using agents get preference?

I have been viewing the Austimeline pages trying to decifer some kind of time scale for my ongoing application, and on evidence viewed come to the conclusion:-
APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED FASTER IF AN AGENT IS USED. Anyone with contradicting views please let me know (from this you can gather i haven`t used an agent)
Old Aug 21st 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

They may seem quicker because applications going via an agent should be totally complete with no missing material....as the agent checks it first, where as applications sent by individuals may have something missing or there may be a query this would slow things down.....I think
Old Aug 21st 2003, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: applications using agents get preference?

Originally posted by blodwyn
I have been viewing the Austimeline pages trying to decifer some kind of time scale for my ongoing application, and on evidence viewed come to the conclusion:-
APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED FASTER IF AN AGENT IS USED. Anyone with contradicting views please let me know (from this you can gather i haven`t used an agent)
hi Blodwyn
we are using an agent and still waiting for the TRA application to come back!!! been weeks, getting fed up now, god knows how i'm going to get through the application process for real!!!!
i hate waiting, should've been a man!
best regards
rach
Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Using an agent is not quicker.....in my opinion.

My case was lodged, using an agent in Jun 02. Police and health checks requested in May 03.

A freind of mine, no agent, lodged in Jan 03 and police and health checks requested 6 weeks later.

We are both accountants, 39 everything else the same, except I am off to Brisbane and he is going to Adelaide.

It's a lottery is my conclusion!

Steve
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

John and Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matey
Sorry to blow your theory apart. We started the application through our agent in Sept/Oct 2001. WE are still waiting. Our tra came back the folloing March and our main application went in June 02. We were aware it would take the stated 50 weeks, but are still waiting.
John.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 7:20 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by John and Sandra
Hi Matey
Sorry to blow your theory apart. We started the application through our agent in Sept/Oct 2001. WE are still waiting. Our tra came back the folloing March and our main application went in June 02. We were aware it would take the stated 50 weeks, but are still waiting.
John.

OMG JOHN, how on earth have you coped with the wait!!!???
I think I would have exploded with anticipation by now!!!!!!
I do hope you hear soon...

Sue :scared:
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

John and Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue
You get used to it!!! NOT. We knew when we applied that it would take that long but knowing doesn't make it come any quicker. I am now getting very fed up waiting - hence the reason for looking and joining this forum. Something to pass the time with like minded individuals.
cheers John.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 6:51 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Not sure I believe the theory. We applied not using an agent on 26th Nov 02 and had medical/polcie check requested 01 may 03 visa granted 18th June 03. Never got asked any more info than originally sent. Thats probably luck on our part and also must have put together a good application in the first place.

Jo

Melbourne Bound Nov 2003 arriving March 2004 (off travelling first!)
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point

Using an agent does not seem to help in anyway, only an assurance that the papers are in order and nothing has been missed out. We applied in Feb.02, additional requirements requested (my IELTS and hubby's original TRA) in August'02, medicals and pc's requested March'03, sent both by the 1st week of April03, and still waiting.
Contacting our agent we get a standard reply stating that they are following up, but they do not want to push the c.o. and upset them.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point

Folks,

We used an agent.... App was submitted Sep 02... Visa was granted 5/8/03. It is pot luck for processing, in my opinion agency apps do not get processed quicker.

Point to note for those who have been waiting a long time:

If your agent will not contact your case officer to chase things up, you have 2 options.

1. You are paying for their services so you have a right to insist they contact them.
2. Try contacting your CO yourself. We did and it resulted in our visa being issued the next day. The easiest is to email them (if you know your case officers name) using:

[email protected]

Best of luck for whatever you try.

Wolfen.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 12:52 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Default prioriy with an agent

with my cynical views

what if an agent or agents have previously annoyed the DIMIA / TRA for what ever reason?

Then your application via your choosen agent will be put back at the btm of the pile :scared: !!!
I work for goverment depts here not only are they bog idle and totaly inefective but this is a regular occurance. they all chat these case officers and vent there frustrations with one another
If you choose a favoured agent then i imagine you will sail through in a very small time frame .
Trouble is how do you know the good the bad or for that matter the Ugly
Some place on the web the information on agents perform may be aval. any ideas It would be good to see how they all perform ie sucsess time frame and failures.

You could consider DIY and then none of this would apply. As people have already said on other posts it aint rocket sicence form filling.

Some of the agents I have spoken too do have a high and almighty opinion of themselves and I think could quite easily could offend lowly paid young case officers within the DIMIA if they were to ring up on your behalf. :lecture:

Still if like me you are to busy then choose wisely and go with your own feeling.

Good Luck in your quest for the elusive sticker.

These are my opinions and i offer no advice
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 3:54 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

As i am using an agent am a bit worried reading this

ok i can understand that i am here (uk)agent is there (aus)and they can fob me off with excuses about chasing up the app etc with out fear of having to prove it face to face.

when do you find out or how do you find out who your C.O. is (my app going to go through AHC.).