AOS info share

Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS info share

There seems to be a wide a varied experience with the centrelink process. I I think as a guide for other people we could share which office was used, when we had our appointments, when our bonds were requested/lodged and when the visas were granted (if they have yet) this could give some trends for certain areas and maybe a bit of a timescale. Well worth sharing as it is still a relatively new procedure.

Mine is below

All done at Sydney branch of Centrelink
1. 5th Jan Interview - assuror didn't earn enough wife needed as 2nd assuror
2. 8th Feb (earliest avalible) 2nd assuror Interview - assuror approved
3. 8th Feb (at interview) Letter given to assuror for lodgement of bond
4. 8th Feb Bond lodged and receipt given back to centrelink- told info back to DIMIA within 2 weeks. (basically all completed on same day)
5. Visa grant still to come

Cheers Jo
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:29 am
Just Joined

gavin_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS info share

Hi

Thanks for the info. My Uncle has his interview next Thursday - Melbourne office, and it is good to get an idea on timescales. How did you go about paying the bond on the same day as the interview?

Gavin
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

The lady was really nice and told my assuror that if he popped to the local bank down the road they do it straight away and no appointment needed. The lady at the bank said they only accept bankers chq or cash. She then said while you go to your bank to get the chq I'll fill in all your details on the pc and should be ready when you get back. She was, and 2 mins later off they went with the receipt. When they got back to centrelink the lady dealing with them saw them and waved them straight over to her desk. And so the deed was done. I think they were very lucky and had someone who actually knows a little about the process.

Cheers Jo
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:51 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I cant remember the exact dates etc, but if you havent had a look here yet this should fill you in on how I got on in Perth at the end of last year.

Steve

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260075