Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Yorkshire area off to try OZ for a 2nd time???

Anyone from Yorkshire area off to try OZ for a 2nd time???

Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from Yorkshire area off to try OZ for a 2nd time???

I'm from Lancashire next door and I'm about to try again for the 2nd time. I came home after being made redundant 2 years ago.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:42 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have a considerable nest egg behind you to survive the time looking for a job then I'd stay where you are. We're confined to Qld and it has been anything but easy here for us and it is very expensive to live here without AUD coming in.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Slightly different for me as i'm going out to my Aussie partner who already has a job in Sydney and have had a job offer myself for when I get there.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 12:04 am
Just Joined

simply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant future

I came out from Middlesbrough in 2002..............no way am I even thinking of going back! It was enough of a shock when we went to Orlando in December and got frosts & 10c during the day!!!!!!

We're near the Hunter Valley vineyards though it does get a bit cold in winter! (wish I could afford a winter house in Cairns)
Old Sep 4th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Him indoors is from the North East (he calls it Yorkshire) and moved to OZ in 2001 we moved back in 2005 (lived in Leeds then Selby then York) and now live in Sydney as of April this year (I am an Aussie)
Old Sep 4th 2011, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

go-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant future

Moved to Aus in 2007, moved back in 2008, moving to Sydney again in November... I feel for you, the doubt is horrendous... go for whatever is good for you and your family, don't worry about what other say... I calm myself down with the knowledge nothing is for ever, not in Oz, not here. If one of us is not happy, we will evaluate and go from there. Good luck!!