Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Pickfords to Ship, got to make a decision

Anyone used Pickfords to Ship, got to make a decision

Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:27 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default Anyone used Pickfords to Ship, got to make a decision

Hi

Anyone used Allied Pickfords for their move, got to make a decision today.

Atlantic or PSS or Pickfords?????????????

Any comments welcome

Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used Pickfords to Ship, got to make a decision

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi

Anyone used Allied Pickfords for their move, got to make a decision today.

Atlantic or PSS or Pickfords?????????????

Any comments welcome

We used Pickfords Poole to Perth door to door service, can honestly say they were great both this end and in Poole. I suppose a lot depends on the team that do your packing but if they are all like ours were i would say go with them couldn't fault them. They were the only company to bother to answer our online quotes, can't comment on Atlantic or PSS but some one will no doubt have have comments on these 2.
Good Luck with whoever you choose

John
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:38 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice

We used Pickfords and they were great, one good point for Pickfords is they don't use agencies and only employ full time staff who are more likely to want to keep their jobs and like what they do.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pookster
We used Pickfords and they were great, one good point for Pickfords is they don't use agencies and only employ full time staff who are more likely to want to keep their jobs and like what they do.
Us to, Bristol to Fremantle, no problems, arrived on time, shipped on time, cleared customs on time and was delivered and unpacked on time.
Couldnt fault them really. I Liked the fact I had the same contact in the UK, until the ship docked, and then she gave me the name & number of my new contact at the Perth office.

Great service, made moving our 1/2 container a P.o.P
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:12 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Birdey
Us to, Bristol to Fremantle, no problems, arrived on time, shipped on time, cleared customs on time and was delivered and unpacked on time.
Couldnt fault them really. I Liked the fact I had the same contact in the UK, until the ship docked, and then she gave me the name & number of my new contact at the Perth office.

Great service, made moving our 1/2 container a P.o.P
Can i ask how much it cost for half a container?? I dont think we will need a full on! x clare
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

we used them...no hassles
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

All the ex-Brit Forces who come down here (about 300 this year apparently) are shipped by Allied Pickfords. I know a few who have come down, none have had major problems.
Our friends were wrongly told they couldn't bring wicker, but that's about it...
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Can i ask how much it cost for half a container?? I dont think we will need a full on! x clare
Hi Clare

Ours came to approx £2100 for the shared 20 ft container including their insurance but ours was to Perth though.

Good Luck John
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

We had no problems with pickfords -- other than their "reluctance" to unpack at this end. My fault -- I wasnt assertive enough to make them stay! Stuff was well packaged, good communications throughout and not a single thing was broken or damaged. Another friend from a different part of the UK had a similar positive experience....
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Forgot to mention Pickfords originally came in at the most expensive of our 3 quotes but when we approached them they matched our best quote from another source (Crown I think?) and gave us additional square footage to provide a like-for-like comparison.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:09 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

I beg to differ! I have driven a lorry for Pickfords several times in the past few years as an agency driver!

My experience of them was nothing but bad!

Like someone else said though, it all depends on the individuals that you end up with on the day!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:13 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Thanks for all the replies,

I tried to get Pickfords to meet a lower quote. They Q £3900 ish for a 20ft and Atlantic came in at £3300 and PSS at £3500, Pickfords would come down some to £3600 but were still the highest. That was without the charges at the other end. Shame but did'nt seem bothered that I may still go else where. May go middle of the road and go woth PSS.

Cheers everyone
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Thanks for all the replies,

I tried to get Pickfords to meet a lower quote. They Q £3900 ish for a 20ft and Atlantic came in at £3300 and PSS at £3500, Pickfords would come down some to £3600 but were still the highest. That was without the charges at the other end. Shame but did'nt seem bothered that I may still go else where. May go middle of the road and go woth PSS.

Cheers everyone
Feel Free to get a quotation from us, Drop Me a Line I amsure we can assist you.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:03 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

We used Pickfords, they were fine in the UK, but they sub-contracted the Australian leg of the delivery. They were crap. Late. Although we had paid for them to unpack, they didn't want to (but eventually did). We also lost or had damaged about 10% of our shipped goods, thankfully insurance (not with Pickfords) covered this. Pickfords however didn't give a toss that they'd lost our things (shared container).
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:52 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

We used them. No problems at all at either end. Everything arrived safe and sound, and the guys who packed the stuff had some great stories (packing "fetish stuff" & dungeons.......no not ours!). Guys at this end appeared to want to clear off early but we just kept them at it until we were happy. Think they're insurance is expensive though so we used an independent company that I can't remember the name off, but gets loads of mentions on here.