Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used or know of Beamer TV?

Anyone used or know of Beamer TV?

Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:51 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone used or know of Beamer TV?

Just found something that would be great for keeping in touch with the 'rellies'. My parents do not have a PC or web cam and I wondered if anyone out there was using one of these or had any experience?

It is called Beamer TV.
You buy two units and plug it into the TV and your telephone.
Make a call to the other Beamer user and swith the unit on.
You can then see each other on the TV whilst talking on the phone.

It sounds great.... just what I have been looking for, but want more info.

There are distributers all over the world and I have wrote to the New Zealand and Hong Kong ones to get info and costs. The price in the UK is £250 (for two units) and it is free to use.

If anyone has any info, please let me know before I splash out!

Here's the links
http://www.qtsltd.co.uk/26287/39935.html (UK)

http://www.atlasgentech.co.nz/main.html (NZ)

http://www.atlasgentech.co.nz/main.html (HK)

Thanks
Neil.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used or know of Beamer TV?

Hadn't heard of it. According to the technical data on the UK link you posted, it piggy-backs a 33k signal on the phone call. That's early modem days data transfer rates and would lead me to think that the video quality would be pretty dodgy. The Amazon reviews on this page (ignoring the obviously fake first 'review' )would suggest I was correct. Nice idea, but 15 year old technology...