Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ARRRGGH Vet gave LEPTO in jab!

ARRRGGH Vet gave LEPTO in jab!

Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Angry ARRRGGH Vet gave LEPTO in jab!

I just can't believe it. Phoned the vet on Tues, explained to receptionist what we needed, hadn't a clue what we were talking about. Put me on to the vet, who I explained again to - needed his vaccination without LEPTO. Went yesterday to get him done, they said they didn't have the vaccine. Went back this morning. Went in. JAB! "That was the one without Lepto, wasn't it?" Silence from her. Jesus, I'm furious. Came out of there crying!

Anyone else suffered the same fate at the hands of their vet???

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ARRRGGH Vet gave LEPTO in jab!

Just spoke to my vet today and you can got over the lepto by them issueing a certificate to say high levels of lepto are due to jabs and anti bodies are nothing to do with any disease. Mick
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

OMG I'm fuming with you :curse::curse:

When do you go? How long do the levels take to come down? (My dogs vaccs are due sept and we're going hopefully jan 08)

Hope the previous reply works for you, let us know how you get on!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
Just spoke to my vet today and you can got over the lepto by them issueing a certificate to say high levels of lepto are due to jabs and anti bodies are nothing to do with any disease. Mick
Really? Oh that would be cool!! Thanks for that Mick - might email AQIS just to check with them (paranoia!)

Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midwife2be
OMG I'm fuming with you :curse::curse:

When do you go? How long do the levels take to come down? (My dogs vaccs are due sept and we're going hopefully jan 08)

Hope the previous reply works for you, let us know how you get on!!
Ta MW2B! We're actually hoping to go in a few months, still a bit unsure as to timing of it all. Gonna check out what Mick says there with AQIS ... and then ring my vet back and chew the head off them!! Couldn't talk to her this morning as too upset
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:35 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shears
I just can't believe it. Phoned the vet on Tues, explained to receptionist what we needed, hadn't a clue what we were talking about. Put me on to the vet, who I explained again to - needed his vaccination without LEPTO. Went yesterday to get him done, they said they didn't have the vaccine. Went back this morning. Went in. JAB! "That was the one without Lepto, wasn't it?" Silence from her. Jesus, I'm furious. Came out of there crying!

Anyone else suffered the same fate at the hands of their vet???

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Run a search on Paul&Nic who went through the same.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Ginny. Took a while to read that thread

But Paul's timescale was a bit different, his dog was due to fly within 30 days of being tested (just after the jab) and the vet told me the lab told them it will be at least 3 months before he's clear (more likely 6). Dunno, bit confused.

Checked the AQIS site, they seem quite fixed on this point, but I'm going to email them tomorrow and see what they say.

thanks

shears
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Spoke to my vet again as my dog is back in to the vets in the morning and also if levels of lepto are found in the blood which results in a fail the dog has another test 2 weeks later and so long as the results are the same or lower that will pass ok. Mick
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
Spoke to my vet again as my dog is back in to the vets in the morning and also if levels of lepto are found in the blood which results in a fail the dog has another test 2 weeks later and so long as the results are the same or lower that will pass ok. Mick
Hi Mick

How did you go at the vets today?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:20 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Oh that would be cool!! Thanks for that Mick - might email AQIS just to check with them (paranoia!)

It would seem logical as obviously if dog has been jabbed against a disease he/she is not going to have it! I was thinking of emailing also to be sure as some dogs levels still high 6-9 months after the jab but if the reading fails and requires a retest as a previous poster said as long as level does not go up you should be fine!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mick

How did you go at the vets today?
Hope you didnt pay, I would have refused and insisted on free testing when the time comes. When are you due to fly out the dog. Ours had the lepto vaccine in November and she had her blood test end March/early April and it was fine. If its in a couple of months and tests positive then you have to have another one in 3 weeks? and if there is no change its fine. Its a change they are looking for. Quite common this problem.

Jo