Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone up for english cod in melbourne

anyone up for english cod in melbourne

Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:48 am
Just Joined

rossibennett is a jewel in the roughrossibennett is a jewel in the roughrossibennett is a jewel in the roughrossibennett is a jewel in the roughrossibennett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: anyone up for english cod in melbourne

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
You did ask for peoples' opinions... You got what you asked for and because their opinion doesn't line up with yours they are "muppets"?
Its not that my opionions dont line up with theirs its other stuff they go on about like leaving the uk in the uk. Everybody misses certain things from the uk and they like to have certain things from the uk. I have got what i was searching for its called market research. I have a shop and im trying to offer my customers the products they like. Iv never once said the fish over here was bad but SOME people would like to have a peice of cod or haddock I dont care if its from england, america or japan its a nice fish so Im asking if anyone else would like to see it here as there are many of my customers that are pleading with me to get it in already.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:50 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the veiled advertisement is working.
I guess. I would give it a try if I was in the area.

I tried the one in Dandenong for the same reason. Didn't like it though so never went again. They apparently had "real" potatoes but they didn't taste as good as the ones from my locals. (I've never checked whether the locals use "real" or frozen. I know they don't use the extruded crap that seems to be a modern day feature of the UK pub meal.)
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossibennett
Its not that my opionions dont line up with theirs its other stuff they go on about like leaving the uk in the uk. Everybody misses certain things from the uk and they like to have certain things from the uk.
Yeah, it's a bit like muslims emigrating to Australia or the UK and wanting Sharia law...

Australia is not little England.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Phlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant futurePhlanger has a brilliant future

Yeah, it's a bit like muslims emigrating to Australia or the UK and wanting Sharia law...

Yeah - fancying a bit of soggy battered cod and wanting to cut someone's hand off for theft - same thing.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

FFS, the English are probably the largest migrant group in Australia but are nearly invisible on the general landscape. All other migrant groups that have migrated to Australia have established very visible communities, ie Vietnamese,Lebanese,Chinese,Jewish and so on. What is your problem with this guy selling an English style fish n chips.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine Melbourne without this influence, How bland would it be.

http://cookedandbottledinbrunswick.b...82-sydney.html
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Barra and chiko rolls all round!?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care what anyone says fish and chips (and curry) in Australia is nowhere near as good as fish and chips and curry in the UK. Price quality, the lot, all inferior in Australia.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

http://cookedandbottledinbrunswick.b...82-sydney.html
You never know, it might actually develop an identity of it's own.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by papilon
FFS, the English are probably the largest migrant group in Australia but are nearly invisible on the general landscape. All other migrant groups that have migrated to Australia have established very visible communities, ie Vietnamese,Lebanese,Chinese,Jewish and so on. What is your problem with this guy selling an English style fish n chips.
The entire country is a British colony. The majority of the population are of white anglo-saxon descent. Doesn't that register when you walk past an Australian? Or do you actually think Australian is a race?

Why would I have a problem with someone selling English fish and chips? What's your problem with me questioning it?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

You never know, it might actually develop an identity of it's own.
I reckon Australias got a great identity already... How many mixes made up the people called British by 1900. The UK as a whole probably has more outside cultural influence than any other nation in Europe. It's what makes countries strong.,adapting and taking on the best outside ideas.

If Cod is going to be part of that so be it.... Cod all round... lets put it to the Australian people
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossibennett
Even if people treat themselfs to cod once a month at least they no its here if they want it. Also I think i would be able to beat a price of $15!!!
What price do you think you would be able to sell cod? Supposing it's about the same size as other fish you get here at a chippy.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Phlanger
Yeah - fancying a bit of soggy battered cod and wanting to cut someone's hand off for theft - same thing.
Both wanting to change the culture in their own little way and insulate themselves in their own little communities instead of integrating. Same thing.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

How many mixes made up the people called British by 1900. The UK as a whole probably has more outside cultural influence than any other nation in Europe.
I think fish & chips has it's origins from Jewish refugees in the UK, certainly the fish part of it.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
I don't care what anyone says fish and chips (and curry) in Australia is nowhere near as good as fish and chips and curry in the UK. Price quality, the lot, all inferior in Australia.
Curry in Australia is better than in the UK. Predominantly greasy, Bangladeshi things in the UK. Crap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.