Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the redcliffe area of qld? Looking for some bargin food shopping tips pleas

Anyone in the redcliffe area of qld? Looking for some bargin food shopping tips pleas

Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Meeka Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Anyone in the redcliffe area of qld? Looking for some bargin food shopping tips pleas

Hi we just recently moved to the Redcliffe area of qld. We are a bit lost and low on money so we are wondering if anyone can suggest places for cheap meat, fruit and veg, etc in the Redcliffe and surrounding areas pretty please

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone in the redcliffe area of qld? Looking for some bargin food shopping tips p

hey, we were there a couple of weeks ago and shopped in the margate mall, thebutchers there was quite good, massive beef kebabs and nice spare ribs, shop around for all your veg, big greengrocers there(At mall) boring I know, but check them all against each other,

all the best

R
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:21 am
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone in the redcliffe area of qld? Looking for some bargin food shopping tips p

Caboolture markets every sunday 6am-12noon

My missus gets them specials brochures from Woolies and Coles and works out what to get from where.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:24 am
Just Joined

oow thanks i will look into them

how far away is caboolture from redcliffe?
Old Oct 12th 2008, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meeka Bear
oow thanks i will look into them

how far away is caboolture from redcliffe?
About 20 minutes drive, we reckon.......probably bit more in rush-hour.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

It's not Redcliffe, but you may be passing by so I thought I would mention this.

Last Saturday I went to the new Woolworths at the Brisbane Airport DFO. The place was pretty deserted and there were so many things reduced in price - especially meat. Some of it was just crazy - I bought two packs of rump steak - each of which had been reduced from $12 to $2! Packs of free range chicken less than half price.

They had a few days until the best before date and you could buy in bulk and freeze.

Generally the fruit & veg seemed to be cheaper as well. I'm often in the Woolworths in Bulimba and the prices were certainly cheaper than there. Broccoli was something like $1.69kg, punnet of strawberries 99c.

I don't know if this store is performing really badly hence the massive reductions - I always thought it was an odd place for a supermarket.

So, might be worth a look if you're passing by....maybe a good option for Northsiders as well.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:20 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meeka Bear
Hi we just recently moved to the Redcliffe area of qld. We are a bit lost and low on money so we are wondering if anyone can suggest places for cheap meat, fruit and veg, etc in the Redcliffe and surrounding areas pretty please

Thanks in advance
Try Aldi near Penninsula Fair shopping centre
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks heaps guys i'll look into it. What about Butchers any recommendations?