Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:11 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Neither am I, I'm English.

Originally Posted by Grayling
Pity I'm not a pom then
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:11 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Wot, Derbyshires just slipped north of the border has it?
Just because I lived in Derbyshire does not make me english.....I also lived in London, Nottingham, Oxford, Berkshire and Yorkshire....has nothing to do with mu nationality.

You lived in SA and UK .....did that make you South African or English?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:12 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
From what I can gather listening to some it seems to make them feel better about what they have done to make ridiculous statements about the UK going down the drain and having no future, kids wont have jobs blah blah blah. I talk to friends in the UK all the time and although they say things overall are fine, they still eat the same, holiday the same, go out socially the same. None of us know where ANY country will be in 5 or 10 years.
Nail on head
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Just because I lived in Derbyshire does not make me english.....I also lived in London, Nottingham, Oxford, Berkshire and Yorkshire....has nothing to do with mu nationality.

You lived in SA and UK .....did that make you South African or English?
I'm Welsh born and spent most of my childhood in Wales. What about you?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:27 am
Bitter and twisted

I'm Welsh born and spent most of my childhood in Wales. What about you?
I was carried to earth on a sunbeam
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:32 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Good choice, a nice solid British car.

I was carried to earth on a sunbeam
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:36 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

From what I can gather listening to some it seems to make them feel better about what they have done to make ridiculous statements about the UK going down the drain and having no future, kids wont have jobs blah blah blah. I talk to friends in the UK all the time and although they say things overall are fine, they still eat the same, holiday the same, go out socially the same. None of us know where ANY country will be in 5 or 10 years.
I'm reaching my conclusions based on my experiences up until a year ago in the UK, where I witnessed the damage Labour inflicted on the country over more than a decade which very nearly resulted in it going broke. In just a little over 10 years they also flooded the country with over 3 million immigrants. The country is in dire straights financially and is entering its harshest austerity period since the 1930's with no end in sight. It suffered damaging riots during the summer, has a massive annual welfare bill which is only going to grow. On top of that Europe which it is a part of is about to go tits up. And you and others say that nothing has changed, there wont be a price to pay? You're as deluded as Gordon Brown was.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:38 am
Banned

Didn't they go bust as well?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Of many years ago.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't they go bust as well?
Effectively more than once.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I'm reaching my conclusions based on my experiences up until a year ago in the UK, where I witnessed the damage Labour inflicted on the country over more than a decade which very nearly resulted in it going broke. In just a little over 10 years they also flooded the country with over 3 million immigrants. The country is in dire straights financially and is entering its harshest austerity period since the 1930's with no end in sight. It suffered damaging riots during the summer, has a massive annual welfare bill which is only going to grow. On top of that Europe which it is a part of is about to go tits up. And you and others say that nothing has changed, there wont be a price to pay? You're as deluded as Gordon Brown was.
You're not telling me you believed what you saw are you?
You're deluded.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

In just a little over 10 years they also flooded the country with over 3 million immigrants.
Most of what you said makes sense - but this part? If there's a need then what's the problem?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 6:01 am
Bitter and twisted

....and you are seeing things from your own personal and political bias.

I lived through the damage the Tories inflicted and the country recovered.....including the riots in Thatcher's era.

You views on immigration are both reprehensible and hypocritical given your own history
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 6:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Bix
You're not telling me you believed what you saw are you?
You're deluded.
Why did I not see the same when I was there earlier this year?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 6:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Most of what you said makes sense - but this part? If there's a need then what's the problem?

Every advanced country needs a certain amount off immigration to provide needed talent but it's safe to say that the UK has gone too far, and under the previous Labour government is was immigration for immigration's sake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.