Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone out there doing sponsorships?

Anyone out there doing sponsorships?

Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:11 am
Just Joined

MELANIEAM79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone out there doing sponsorships?

I've just read a thread where a girl said what her occupation is & she's had someone offer her a position after looking through her CV & holding accomodation for her too. Is there anyone out there that would like to do that for me? I'm 28, with over 10 years experience in Sales; Telesales, Sales Manager, Account Management sales, etc. I've always smashed my targets in every sales job & am looking to move over to Oz with my partner, who is a GNVQ Level 3 Trained Electrician? Any offers for us?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:31 am
Just Joined

dazzler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone out there doing sponsorships?

Hi Mel,

We came out under a student visa just to get here and then to figure it out afterwards. I have extensive sales manangement experience and it is seriously needed in Oz. I was fortunate enough to find a company to sponser me on a 457 visa after about a year and hopefully residency within a another year. Dare i say i am in real estate but keep your hopes up, there is a way

dazzler
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:38 am
Just Joined

What did you have to do to be able to apply for a Student Visa? Is it better to go for that than any other? Do you think we should get sponsored ok then? Seems like it's an easier way & cheaper than the immigration visa way?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MELANIEAM79
What did you have to do to be able to apply for a Student Visa? Is it better to go for that than any other? Do you think we should get sponsored ok then? Seems like it's an easier way & cheaper than the immigration visa way?
Student visa is an expensive way to go about it. You are probably looking at aobut $20,000 a year in course fees, plus living and health insurance costs and you are only allowed to work 20 hours a week in term time (but fulltime in hols).
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Would you advise the WHV way then? Would we have a good chance of getting sponsored doing that?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MELANIEAM79
Thanks for that. Would you advise the WHV way then? Would we have a good chance of getting sponsored doing that?
I guess you would have a chance at sponsorship but whether it would be a good chance or not I do not know