Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone need a rental in Adelaide?

Anyone need a rental in Adelaide?

Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone need a rental in Adelaide?

We will be moving to Perth to join my husband as soon as I can find someone to take over the remaining 6 months on our lease here in Adelaide. Lovely brand new (well, 6 months old) 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house just 8 km from the CBD. Will post some photos in the Classified section tomorrow, once I have had a chance to get the camera out.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:41 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone need a rental in Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We will be moving to Perth to join my husband as soon as I can find someone to take over the remaining 6 months on our lease here in Adelaide. Lovely brand new (well, 6 months old) 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house just 8 km from the CBD. Will post some photos in the Classified section tomorrow, once I have had a chance to get the camera out.
Just being nosey Dorothy how we are looking at coming out about September time how much is the rental on the property just so we can try and geta rough idea.

Thanks x
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Just being nosey Dorothy how we are looking at coming out about September time how much is the rental on the property just so we can try and geta rough idea.

Thanks x
The rent is $280/week plus utilities. We're very close to the city and in Klemzig, so right on the O-Bahn, although I prefer to walk to Northeast Rd and catch the bus from there. The lease expires in October, and I want to be in Perth now, not later. My poor husband misses his family.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:00 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

The rent is $280/week plus utilities. We're very close to the city and in Klemzig, so right on the O-Bahn, although I prefer to walk to Northeast Rd and catch the bus from there. The lease expires in October, and I want to be in Perth now, not later. My poor husband misses his family.

Aww sorry we couldnt help you out, we would love to be there sooner but we got to wait for VISA and were going to let kids get summer hols out of the way then take em away lol.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:47 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy
Whereabouts are you planning to settle in Perth ? It must be hard being seperated from your OH.
Good luck with getting someone to take over your lease !
Gillian
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:52 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by sme
Hi Dorothy
Whereabouts are you planning to settle in Perth ? It must be hard being seperated from your OH.
Good luck with getting someone to take over your lease !
Gillian
He's living right now in Scarborough and has looked at renting us a place in Sorrento. Fingers crossed we get it.
It is a little hard being away from each other. We lived apart for 8 weeks a few years ago when he had to go to the other side of Canada to work on a contract, but it was different then. I was living in the same city with my family and I had my parents to give me a break from the kids every now and then. They've been great, but single parenting is a job I never want to do. My hat is off to anyone who does this.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:28 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

He's living right now in Scarborough and has looked at renting us a place in Sorrento. Fingers crossed we get it.
It is a little hard being away from each other. We lived apart for 8 weeks a few years ago when he had to go to the other side of Canada to work on a contract, but it was different then. I was living in the same city with my family and I had my parents to give me a break from the kids every now and then. They've been great, but single parenting is a job I never want to do. My hat is off to anyone who does this.
Sorrento's lovely. You can come to one of the lunch meets that go on - Tuesday, The Boat Mindarie and Thursday, Hillarys.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:23 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by sme
Sorrento's lovely. You can come to one of the lunch meets that go on - Tuesday, The Boat Mindarie and Thursday, Hillarys.
I'm coming out on the 24th for a little visit. I'll come to the Thursday Hillary's meet if that's ok. Cross your fingers that we get the house we've applied for so I can move NOW!!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Any luck with the rental? (this one and the one in Perth)
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:29 am
Still alive

Nothing yet. OH is at the rental agent's right about now with a bond and paperwork for a nice place there. At least he better be. I think I'll spend a good deal of my week there house hunting and maybe job hunting. My boss here has a few connections in the recruitment field for me and said she would ring a few of them before I am ready to go to maybe help get a foot in. I also work with a woman at WCH who worked at Royal Perth Hospital for 8 years and she has said to use her as a reference on any applications.
How's your house? All the boxes get there ok? Take photos of how it looks now and then again in one year. You won't believe the difference it will make with your own personal touches.
See you Thursday.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing yet. OH is at the rental agent's right about now with a bond and paperwork for a nice place there. At least he better be. I think I'll spend a good deal of my week there house hunting and maybe job hunting. My boss here has a few connections in the recruitment field for me and said she would ring a few of them before I am ready to go to maybe help get a foot in. I also work with a woman at WCH who worked at Royal Perth Hospital for 8 years and she has said to use her as a reference on any applications.
How's your house? All the boxes get there ok? Take photos of how it looks now and then again in one year. You won't believe the difference it will make with your own personal touches.
See you Thursday.

I'm hoping it looks a LOT better in a years time. It's a great house, but the last time it was decorated or anything was probably about 1980. Can't wait to get painting (or should I say for Gareth to get painting )