Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Thanks for that I didnt realise it took as long as 4 years...............

We are actually moving to Perth (well hoping the visa is successful) havent decided what area in perth.

what about yourself?

You in Aus and all or you in process of going? I would prob know this if I had read all the threads but I seem to just hit reply

be in touch

nadin and darren
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Originally Posted by aus2be
Thanks for that I didnt realise it took as long as 4 years...............

We are actually moving to Perth (well hoping the visa is successful) havent decided what area in perth.

what about yourself?

You in Aus and all or you in process of going? I would prob know this if I had read all the threads but I seem to just hit reply

be in touch

nadin and darren
Hi aus2be TRA passed 11.08.07,visa application sent 16.08.07 now the long wait things seam to have slowed down ,we hope to move to south australia close to Adelaide,if everything goes well we plan to be there next august or september.
Tom and Nikki
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shanaghy

Hi aus2be TRA passed 11.08.07,visa application sent 16.08.07 now the long wait things seam to have slowed down ,we hope to move to south australia close to Adelaide,if everything goes well we plan to be there next august or september.
Tom and Nikki

Hi Tom and Nikki,

Where abouts are you looking to move to in South Australia? We are also hoping to move there - we have been looking at areas just south of Adelaide but as we've never been there before I guess we'll find out for sure when we move there Hoping to be out there for April/May next year - we applied on the 20th Sept.

All the best,
Sinead & Stuart
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Hi Sinead and Stuart
Not really sure where to go but south of the city looks good,we live in the countryside at the moment don't think we will be looking at anything close to the city , a nice house with a pool and a little bit of land would suit us i don't mind traveling a little for work.
Cheers
Tom & Nikki
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi Sinead and Stuart
Not really sure where to go but south of the city looks good,we live in the countryside at the moment don't think we will be looking at anything close to the city , a nice house with a pool and a little bit of land would suit us i don't mind traveling a little for work.
Cheers
Tom & Nikki
Hi Guys,
We will probably be looking closer to the city as I don't want to have to travel too far for work - thats my big hate over here especially since the traffic is a nightmare at the min on the M2 :curse:
It would be good to keep in contact though if we do all end up in and around Adelaide

And on that note whatever happened to the NI meet - is anyone still interested in it??

Sinead
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi Guys,
We will probably be looking closer to the city as I don't want to have to travel too far for work - thats my big hate over here especially since the traffic is a nightmare at the min on the M2 :curse:
It would be good to keep in contact though if we do all end up in and around Adelaide

And on that note whatever happened to the NI meet - is anyone still interested in it??

Sinead
hi
i'm still interested, can't think where to go!

i'm not very good at organizing things bit stressed at the mo between being on strike (classroom assistants) and sorting visa
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough

Sorry I cant go im off on 4th November.... 26 days to go and counting... Perth here we come yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Joy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charmed
Sorry I cant go im off on 4th November.... 26 days to go and counting... Perth here we come yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Joy
Right so shall we all meet at the airport on the 4th Nov then - theres a pub and kids play area

All the best though Joy and hope it all goes smoothly - hopefully the rest of us will be heading out sometime in near future too

Sinead
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:22 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hijack your thread but I was wondering whether Belfast in particular had changed a lot since around 96 ( the time when Mr Adams came in to power)? Sorry can't remember the exact time I was there but just that Mr Adams had a parade through the city center when I was there. I ask as my dad and my sons dad are from NI and am starting to wonder whether I should go back for a last look, so to speak.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Right so shall we all meet at the airport on the 4th Nov then - theres a pub and kids play area

All the best though Joy and hope it all goes smoothly - hopefully the rest of us will be heading out sometime in near future too

Sinead

Thats so funny.....

Hope you all get there soon.... The thought of getting out of here is so unreal heehee..

Joy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

louise-ni will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone

Hope you dont mind me joing your thread, can you guess were I live .... yes good old Newtownards Is this place so terrible we are all moving as far away as we can lol

This is a new idea for us so. as yet we havent actually started the procedure. We are going to expo in Dublin at end of October so hopefully we should get the ball rolling then. When they changed rules at start of September it has made it more difficult for us as hubby hasnt got an actual "qualification" He is now being trained but it takes 2 years We are maybe gonna look at sponor route not quite sure yet.

Just want to say how excited I am! Fingers crossed everything works out for you all

Louise
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Originally Posted by louise-ni
Hi Everyone

Hope you dont mind me joing your thread, can you guess were I live .... yes good old Newtownards Is this place so terrible we are all moving as far away as we can lol

This is a new idea for us so. as yet we havent actually started the procedure. We are going to expo in Dublin at end of October so hopefully we should get the ball rolling then. When they changed rules at start of September it has made it more difficult for us as hubby hasnt got an actual "qualification" He is now being trained but it takes 2 years We are maybe gonna look at sponor route not quite sure yet.

Just want to say how excited I am! Fingers crossed everything works out for you all

Louise
Welcome louise to the N. Ireland thread.

I went to dublin expo last year and we enjoyed it. Good luck for your journey it can be a very trying time but sooooooooooooooo worth it when you get the yes....

good luck

Joy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Anyone from N Ireland Migrating

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Sorry to hijack your thread but I was wondering whether Belfast in particular had changed a lot since around 96 ( the time when Mr Adams came in to power)? Sorry can't remember the exact time I was there but just that Mr Adams had a parade through the city center when I was there. I ask as my dad and my sons dad are from NI and am starting to wonder whether I should go back for a last look, so to speak.
Belfast has changed alot and if you walk up some streets they havent changed a bit. It is great for a visit but we decided we didnt want to bring up our children in N. Ireland so that is why we are going to Australia. Great shopping and with the peace process well under wayit is alot quieter these days. (this is only from me as alot may say different).

Joy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Sinead
mighty idea

what time then?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by louise-ni
Hi Everyone

Louise
hi louise,

we're going to the dublin expo as well, might even make a weekend out of it
i think there's going to be one in belfast in march but i don't think it will be as big

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.