Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving out to Caloundra

Anyone moving out to Caloundra

Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone moving out to Caloundra

Originally Posted by betsyboob
We are heading in that direction...poss June, as we have had a few hold ups. We are looking at Caloundra, Buderim, MC etc....not sure yet. We have 2 boys 1yr and 3yr so will be looking for good primarys also x
Sounds like there'll be a fair few of us then. Have got 3 kids, 11, 9 and 3. So will be looking at a variety of schools. OH has job in Noosa, but it's too pricey that far up, so basing the search a little lower, very much the same, MC, Buderim etc etc.
x
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by winedonju
Sounds like there'll be a fair few of us then. Have got 3 kids, 11, 9 and 3. So will be looking at a variety of schools. OH has job in Noosa, but it's too pricey that far up, so basing the search a little lower, very much the same, MC, Buderim etc etc.
x
we hope to be going to caloundra this time next year
went over last april and absolutely loved it! we've also got 2 kids alana7 and matthew5.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Speargun
Hi if you need any advice just let me know I work in Real Estate and have offices covering Caloundra, Mountain Creek (Excellent School!) and Mooloolaba - the biggest problem is really going to be getting a rental...we had a nightmare when we first arrived just make sure you have as many documents and forms as possible!! Property managers DO love their forms - dont hesitate to PM me if you have any questions! Good luck!
Hi,
What sort of paperwork are they looking for?? We looked on 't'internet and there didn't seem to be a shortage, also is there anywhere to stay clear of?
thanks.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:17 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hello everyone

egg and i also like the look of caloundra and are heading to the SC in june, only for a rekkie now though as we havent sold the bloody house:curse:
has anyone got any recommendations on accommodation, as we would need something for about 10 days, as we are then heading up to bundaberg for a few days to see my cousin
bec
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Caloundra.....well all the sunshine coast is great.......we could live anywhere on it..........

We have decided on Bundaberg though

Good luck
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
Caloundra.....well all the sunshine coast is great.......we could live anywhere on it..........

We have decided on Bundaberg though

Good luck
Bundaberg great place to live people sooo friendly and cost of living lots lower so im told than further up closer to brissie. We are renting 4bed 2bath place for $310 wk. Try to sort rentals from uk there is a shortage over here which is geting bigger due to the very high-higher than UK- mortgage interest rates. Lots of houses going up for sale. been told by the bank they think wthings will crash within 2yrs!
I have been in contact with another expat member over here who was homeless from yesterday in Townsville due to the shortagae/demand on rentals Be careful those heading out. We rented our house from UK started rental 2 wks before we got here to make sure we got it.
Teryna
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Renie
Is anyone moving out to Caloundra, Queensland shortly, it seems to be very popular with Poms
The reason I ask if anyone is coming here is because I have a house to sell at Little Mountain if anyone interested, although if not sold shortly maybe looking to rent it out.

I have two boys and both have been to private and state schools, so if anyone needs any advice on that feel free to ask.

They have an excellent rugby club here in Caloundra that they both go to.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by egghead4
hello everyone

egg and i also like the look of caloundra and are heading to the SC in june, only for a rekkie now though as we havent sold the bloody house:curse:
has anyone got any recommendations on accommodation, as we would need something for about 10 days, as we are then heading up to bundaberg for a few days to see my cousin
bec
hey bec
where in bundy does your cousin live we are in the avoca/branyan area been here since January
Teryna
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:07 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bundybell
hey bec
where in bundy does your cousin live we are in the avoca/branyan area been here since January
Teryna
hiya teryna

my cousin lives in thebeba, so we will head there for a few days and catch up.
how you doing? settling in well? everything you expected?
i'm still a nosey cow
pm me and give me all the goss
bec
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by egghead4
hiya teryna

my cousin lives in thebeba, so we will head there for a few days and catch up.
how you doing? settling in well? everything you expected?
i'm still a nosey cow
pm me and give me all the goss
bec
No gos Bundaberg a lovely place 15 mins from 5 beaches people sooo friendly cost of living cheaper than those places closer to brissie.
We are renting a 4bed 2bath house for $310 wk hoping to start building our house within the month, the builders just finalising plans then they go to council.
Works definately different lots slower than the Uk in fact everything is slower here in Bundy.
Hows things going with you? when you planning to come out for good? Are you heading to Caloundra ? id like to visit there it sounds like a nice place about hr and half from bundy
Teryna
Teryna