Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Manly(Sydney)or nearby suburbs?

Anyone in Manly(Sydney)or nearby suburbs?

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone in Manly(Sydney)or nearby suburbs?

We'll be returning to the Sydney area in the next few months. We lived in the Central Coast/Woy Woy area before and loved it - but the commute was terrible for DH to Sydney CBD. So I'm looking for suggestions on where to live a little closer in.

We love the beach! Don't want to be too far from it. We're a family of 6 - 3 school aged children - 1 in high school. We live in a city of 200,000 - is there a place that doesn't feel "city"?
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

We live in St Ives= a leafy suburb close to shops, good schools, 5 mins from the bush, 20 from the beach and 10 mins to the station at Gordon where it is 30 mins to the CBD. It is northern beaches area. We lived in Manly for a month while OH went on the ferry to work- great beach but very crowded and noisy, and that was just in the winter.
If your OH doesn;t mind driving there are places like Terrey Hills, Frenchs Forest which are a little bit closer to the beach than us, or Mona Vale area. I would say that the Warringah Road can be a nightmare to drive on though.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
We live in St Ives= a leafy suburb close to shops, good schools, 5 mins from the bush, 20 from the beach and 10 mins to the station at Gordon where it is 30 mins to the CBD. It is northern beaches area. We lived in Manly for a month while OH went on the ferry to work- great beach but very crowded and noisy, and that was just in the winter.
If your OH doesn;t mind driving there are places like Terrey Hills, Frenchs Forest which are a little bit closer to the beach than us, or Mona Vale area. I would say that the Warringah Road can be a nightmare to drive on though.
Caroline - Sounds lovely where you live. I'll check out the other areas you suggested too - thanks for the help!

Good to see you again....I used to read your posts all the time when we were in the process of applying for our PR visa.

Perhaps we could meet up when we've moved back.

Catherine
Old Jan 10th 2010, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

agejohns is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone in Manly(Sydney)or nearby suburbs?

Originally Posted by Kerry_H
Hiya!
I've just moved to Manly and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for drinks/coffee/lunch? It would be great to meet friends in the area
Hi kerry my name is sandy from the uk and we are coming to manly on the 3rd of april 2010 and we will be there for 3 weeks it would be nice to meet up with u and have a chat to see what its like over there because when we get back to the uk we are starting are visa.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Meeting up when you get here sounds good- glad my posts can help!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

caulkhead is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in Frenchs Forest, so not too far. Happy to meet too
Old Jan 11th 2010, 1:54 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerry_H
Hiya!
I've just moved to Manly and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for drinks/coffee/lunch? It would be great to meet friends in the area
Hi Kerry, how did you get on?? We live in Manly and love it, only renting as we could never afford to buy here! If we stay, and its only an if, we may look further up the northern beaches to find somewhere more affordable, or, go completely different and buy a nice house and pool in the Hills district.