Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone looking for a carpenter ?

Anyone looking for a carpenter ?

Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone looking for a carpenter ?

I will keep this short and simple.
I am a carpenter looking for a job.
Pm or e mail me if there are any jobs on the go.

Thanks.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:01 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone looking for a carpenter ?

Originally Posted by lang81

Thanks.
Shame you're not over this side.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of

Should have stated that i am willing to work in any state with the exception of up north in the mines.
Originally Posted by iPom
Shame you're not over this side.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lang81

Thanks.
I know a carpenter who lives in Perth that has just come over from UK.
He can't find work anywhere..so he is off back to UK in Jan.
He is on a sponsored Visa so he is limited to what he can do.

So many people have said they are crying out for carpentry, so god knows why he can't get a job

Advertise in the local rag if you can!!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I know a carpenter who lives in Perth that has just come over from UK.
He can't find work anywhere..so he is off back to UK in Jan.
He is on a sponsored Visa so he is limited to what he can do.

So many people have said they are crying out for carpentry, so god knows why he can't get a job

Advertise in the local rag if you can!!
surely in order to gain sponsorship there had to have been a job?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
surely in order to gain sponsorship there had to have been a job?
Exactly...they shipped all their furniture over which came last month..
The sponsor company pay him a wage even though he is not working..it's not much but they have to pay him as they sponsored him.
To this day he still sits and waits for work...but his wife has had enough and they are going back. they rent in Tapping.
I told them to come on here for advice but they are adamant to go back now.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly...they shipped all their furniture over which came last month..
The sponsor company pay him a wage even though he is not working..it's not much but they have to pay him as they sponsored him.
To this day he still sits and waits for work...but his wife has had enough and they are going back. they rent in Tapping.
I told them to come on here for advice but they are adamant to go back now.
how ridiculous. I don't blame the wife, I think I would be the same under those circumstances. I would be reporting the employer to DIMIA once I had booked my flights back. Not acceptable behaviour for a sponsoring company.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:22 am
Account Closed

how ridiculous. I don't blame the wife, I think I would be the same under those circumstances. I would be reporting the employer to DIMIA once I had booked my flights back. Not acceptable behaviour for a sponsoring company.
The sponsor company has been reported and i think they are suing them. It has cost them alot of money to no avail..

But thats what confuses me...there is work for carpentry!! isn't there?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

The sponsor company has been reported and i think they are suing them. It has cost them alot of money to no avail..

But thats what confuses me...there is work for carpentry!! isn't there?
I don't know rachel its not something I am familiar with at all. my old geezer works in the CBD so other than what I read on here I have no idea what jobs are available for tradies of any kind. I was chatting to an english guy at my daughters trampolining training last week and he was fed up about the state of play for tradies, I think he was a plumber. I can't understand the govt advertising all over the place for trades and then people not being able to work when they get here, daft in my book.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:30 am
Account Closed

I don't know rachel its not something I am familiar with at all. my old geezer works in the CBD so other than what I read on here I have no idea what jobs are available for tradies of any kind. I was chatting to an english guy at my daughters trampolining training last week and he was fed up about the state of play for tradies, I think he was a plumber. I can't understand the govt advertising all over the place for trades and then people not being able to work when they get here, daft in my book.
Your so right..what a bloody pain in the neck it is for tradies. My hubby needs 3 to get started. They make it so difficult.

To the OP.hope you get sorted soon
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

yes hope you get sorted out soon Lang.