Reload this Page >

Anyone lodged visa application to DIMA in Australia

Anyone lodged visa application to DIMA in Australia

Old Aug 19th 2006, 5:47 am
Just Joined

bernieandmandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone lodged visa application to DIMA in Australia

Hi All,

We have lodged a Contributory parent Visa application in Australia rather than the London office.
What I was hoping to find out is that can the medicals be done before they have been requested?
It says on the site that you can't. Has anyone done the meds without request (when applying outside UK)

Thanks for any help

Mandy
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone lodged visa application to DIMA in Australia

Originally Posted by bernieandmandy
Hi All,

We have lodged a Contributory parent Visa application in Australia rather than the London office.
What I was hoping to find out is that can the medicals be done before they have been requested?
It says on the site that you can't. Has anyone done the meds without request (when applying outside UK)

Thanks for any help

Mandy
There is a lot of talk at the moment on the immigration forum about this, and no-one seems too sure if the rules have changed. I did my medicals for a contributory parent visa too unrequested, as instructed by my agent, but haven't had any feedback at all from the POPC since they were done in March. I am waiting for my agent to let me know what she can find out about the current situation. I suggest you do a search on the immigration forum to read what people have said recently. There's also a thread for us parents on the Barbie, so please join in there if you feel like it. It's great to be able to compare notes.

Nico
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, Mandy, I somewhat misread your question. Are you actually in Australia now? As I understand it, those of us off-shore have to apply to Perth anyway, but I don't know if this applies also to you? Anyway, I hope you will find some useful stuff on the other threads. This is a bit of a hot topic at the moment!

All the best
Nico
Old Aug 19th 2006, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nico,
Thanks for your info.. I probably wasn't making much sense. I wasn't sure if I worded it right.
I was asking the question for my Parents, they are living in the UK and I live in Perth. I lodged their application here in Perth. We are not using an agent. I am dealing with it for them (They don't have access to the net)
They are so desperate to be here with us, I just wanted to find out if they can do meds with the forms downloaded from the immi site UK as it did say only if your applying to London office. I hope that makes more sense?
I not very good at this!!

Thanks

Mandy
Old Aug 19th 2006, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

I forgot to ask you, Was the medical forms you done the standard 26 and 160? Or is it a different medical form for parent visa's?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

this is probably no help at all but.... we lodged our 138 in Oz ,as OH had to attend a ceremony for the skills part anyway. We waited for the meds request as per our agents advice.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:38 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bernieandmandy
Hi All,

Thanks for any help

Mandy
You could try the Immigration forim if you haven't already. Sure to get som expert commentsfrom the regulars there as well as general experience ones.