Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in SA? How is it?

Anyone living in SA? How is it?

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:31 pm

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of
Question Anyone living in SA? How is it?

Hello everybody,

My husband and I (and our two kids aged 1 + 4) are applying for a STNI visa in SA.

We have never been to SA and we don't know anybody in the state. We would therefore appreciate if those of you living in SA would tell us how it is like, e.g., where do we find a job, a good school and a nice house? I guess you can find this anywhere in the state but stil... some places must me better than others, right?

We think we are heading for Adelaide assuming job prospects are good there but we are open for other places as well.

Please advice:-)

Waiting in anticipation...

Regards,
Janni
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:34 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone living in SA? How is it?

There's plenty of information on this forum about South Australia. A search on "Adelaide" or "South Australia" should keep you busy for a while.

South Australia, like other states, is vast and diverse. There are lots of place in and around Adelaide to choose from, it all depends what your budget is, your job prospects, and lifestyle requirements.

In broad terms, the Adelaide area has a Mediterranean climate and is slower paced than its better known rivals, Sydney, Melbourne.

The population is about 1.1 million, so it's not a huge city. The cost of living here is lower than in most other east coast areas.

My preference is to live outside of the city, either in the Fleurieu Peninsular or the Adelaide Hills, where you can enjoy more open space whilst still having access to the city centre amenities by car in less than an hour.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:08 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here 3 months now(feels like longer)and have no complaints.
You can order a free info pack from this site which is quite good and comes with maps,dvd etc and some other useful gumph!!
just click the link at the top of the homepage
http://www.southaustralia.biz/home_page.htm
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Chappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to all

Great link, thanks

Originally Posted by wengerboy
We have been here 3 months now(feels like longer)and have no complaints.
You can order a free info pack from this site which is quite good and comes with maps,dvd etc and some other useful gumph!!
just click the link at the top of the homepage
http://www.southaustralia.biz/home_page.htm
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:45 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chappers
Great link, thanks
any time
(now tap the karma button below my post)
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Chappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to allChappers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wengerboy
any time
(now tap the karma button below my post)
done!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

Take a look at this forum dedicated to peeps moving to South Australia.

Loads of useful info on there as well as a friendly bunch

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...php?act=SC&c=2

Bill
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:40 am
Up The Arse!!

Originally Posted by Chappers
done!
shit that means i`ve gotta open another toohey`s now
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:36 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Hello everybody,

My husband and I (and our two kids aged 1 + 4) are applying for a STNI visa in SA.

We have never been to SA and we don't know anybody in the state. We would therefore appreciate if those of you living in SA would tell us how it is like, e.g., where do we find a job, a good school and a nice house? I guess you can find this anywhere in the state but stil... some places must me better than others, right?

We think we are heading for Adelaide assuming job prospects are good there but we are open for other places as well.

Please advice:-)

Waiting in anticipation...

Regards,
Janni
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I have now done an extensive search and it came up with loads of info
I have also ordered the info pack from SA.

Good luck to you all and thanks again,

Regards,
Janni