Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in Brisbane

Anyone living in Brisbane

Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:25 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being vague

Originally posted by neal
Hi Mrs.Dagboy-you're right,vague is the word at the moment...trouble is I was so ill for so long before the hysterectomy just before xmas that I didn't get involved in choosing the area in Oz that we would eventually live in,and then I woke up one day about 2 weeks ago and thought bloody hell we're emigrating and I haven't had my say!!
Hubby has been working his socks off researching Perth(his first choice)and I started my HRT and began to feel human again and stuck my oar in...!!!
Trouble is I don't KNOW where I want to be(we were in Oz 10 years ago and have always wanted to go back but now that we are older and have a child our needs are different)-I love the Queenslander houses and the coast all up past Brisbane/Whitsundays but appreciate the type of heat/weather Perth way on would probably suit us better.
I'm just bloody awkward I know-think I may be floundering simply because I haven't been well enough to get involved(womans perogative to be contrary ),so all your advice very much appreciated and good to have the heat/humidity thing clarified(at least I know it's not just lots of bleak people I've met shaking their heads ).
Will check out some of the websites you posted I think.
BY the way-are you a teacher?If not you should be-I felt very ashamed for posting such useless vagueness and stood in the corner with my hands on my head for a LONG while..!!!.. -only joking of course although you would be good at keeping unruly kids in check! Mrs.Neal
Mrs Neal, I know how you feel etc with being sick. And god you sound so much like me with the "I dont know where I want to be" comment . If you can give me a little bit more info I will try to help if I can. I'll even try not to be too bleak . Of course the hardest thing in more rural areas of Qld (in fact the whole of Oz) is usually employment. Perths weather from whats been posted on this forum can be even more severe than Brisbanes, it least it doesnt get bitterly cold in winter here. Im another Queenslander lover, I just love them & am hoping to get another one soon that I can do up (not that we've actually done much work to this one, theres still plenty to do ).

As for the teacher bit, no, not a teacher, its a pity that I cant control my own unruly kids at times LOL
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
LOL I cannot count how many times we have had UK visitors in summer, we always tell them to come between April and October but no, they love heat, absolutely love it. Then they arrive and its total shock "OMG I didnt think it was that hot". As mrs D says its always exactly the same. Plus of course they have to try and tan then get sunstroke

As for North QLD, Old Megalania did one of his famous graphs on here, it showed a combo of say 35 with 90% humidity actually feels more like 55. He wasnt joking. You wont catch many aussies moving up there thats why the SE has all the population boom.
My inlaws really struggled with the weather in Sept/Oct & that was coming over directly from the UK summer of course. How do you think they would go in Jan-Feb?

Im still working on trying to get Dagboy to move to the Daintree, not having much success though :scared: