Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in Torquay, Victoria?

Anyone live in Torquay, Victoria?

Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone live in Torquay, Victoria?

Hi there, We (me + hubby + 2 kids; Tom 4 & Holly 2) are due to move out at the end of August and would like to rent in Torquay. I just wondered if anyone lived around there and could enlighten me on what the area is like for young families? Thanks, Claire
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:53 am
Just Joined

tigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone live in Torquay, Victoria?

Originally Posted by chugo101
Hi there, We (me + hubby + 2 kids; Tom 4 & Holly 2) are due to move out at the end of August and would like to rent in Torquay. I just wondered if anyone lived around there and could enlighten me on what the area is like for young families? Thanks, Claire
Hi Claire me and oh and kids went there last year on a rekky and loved it its amazing we're actually moving there ourselves in the new year, so we could end up being neighbours, the schools are great aswell.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tigerrav
Hi Claire me and oh and kids went there last year on a rekky and loved it its amazing we're actually moving there ourselves in the new year, so we could end up being neighbours, the schools are great aswell.
Thanks for that thats brilliant! I'll have to keep you posted on how we settle then. I just can't wait to get there now. Have you got jobs etc sorted yet?!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:02 am
Just Joined

tigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to all

Thanks for that thats brilliant! I'll have to keep you posted on how we settle then. I just can't wait to get there now. Have you got jobs etc sorted yet?!!
No jobs sorted yet my hubbys a roof tiler and has been sponsered we are on a stni visa so he'll look for work when we arrive no point till then really, but we're just waiting on gettin our visa do you already have yours? do you have kids and how old?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:04 am
Just Joined

sorry i've just realised you do have kids etc need me glasses, my kids are 4,8,9,13
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

No jobs sorted yet my hubbys a roof tiler and has been sponsered we are on a stni visa so he'll look for work when we arrive no point till then really, but we're just waiting on gettin our visa do you already have yours? do you have kids and how old?
I have son Tom aged 4 next month and daughter Holly aged 2. How old are your kids?

We're lucky as Rob has been offered a great job at Ford in Geelong so we're getting sponsored by them so its less for us to worry about although saying that its happened really quickly and they want him there for 1st Sept! We haven't even got a visa yet still completing forms but they said they can get it arranged in 2-4 weeks! We're just dealing with Fords visa & relocation agency at the mo............
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

sorry i've just realised you do have kids etc need me glasses, my kids are 4,8,9,13
wow, you've got your hands full!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

We're lucky as Rob has been offered a great job at Ford in Geelong so we're getting sponsored by them so its less for us to worry about although saying that its happened really quickly and they want him there for 1st Sept!
Just in time for the Aussie rules semi finals!

(You want to follow The Cats -the Geelong footy team!)
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

I'll let hubby know I'm sure he'd be into that!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:43 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

Got that bad has,it gotta start press ganging supporters ............. mm
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:01 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Got that bad has,it gotta start press ganging supporters ............. mm
No its just the best supporters club in AFL like to show support to fellow BE members GO YOU CATS