Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting married in Perth

Getting married in Perth

Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

salvador has a spectacular aura aboutsalvador has a spectacular aura aboutsalvador has a spectacular aura about
Default Getting married in Perth

Decided to tie the knot with my better half at last.... so we are going to take the two kiddies (11mths and 23 mths by time of travel) to Perth WA for Xmas and to 'do the deed'. We have been a couple of times before and thought that the Margaret River region would be a nice place to consider. Does anyone know of any good accomodation in the area (approx 1 weeks duration)..? We will also require some accomodation in Perth itself for approx 3weeks so is it best to attempt to hire a holiday let? Dates of travel are 27th Nov 2006 to 3rd Jan 2007.....Thanks in advance!

Nearly forgot to ask....does anyone recommend a good cheap car hire co in Perth that will hire out Kiddie seats too??
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:24 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting married in Perth

Cant' help you I'm afraid because we are in Victoria but would just like to say congratulations and good luck!!

Lorraine
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salvador
Decided to tie the knot with my better half at last.... so we are going to take the two kiddies (11mths and 23 mths by time of travel) to Perth WA for Xmas and to 'do the deed'. We have been a couple of times before and thought that the Margaret River region would be a nice place to consider. Does anyone know of any good accomodation in the area (approx 1 weeks duration)..? We will also require some accomodation in Perth itself for approx 3weeks so is it best to attempt to hire a holiday let? Dates of travel are 27th Nov 2006 to 3rd Jan 2007.....Thanks in advance!

Nearly forgot to ask....does anyone recommend a good cheap car hire co in Perth that will hire out Kiddie seats too??
Hi, Congratulations, we are about 3/4 hour away from MARGARET river, there are so many beautiful places here to get married.
If you are a bit short of guests, we will come. Love weddings.
Meelup beach is gorgeous, our friends got married there, Ive seen lots of weddings in the Parks where we live [Dalyellup] also.
Ill try and find out about accomodation, in fact there have been a couple of post lately, reccie trips, they mentioned Margaret river. Check them out.
Good Luck Denise
ps, If i can help, let me know
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:26 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi ya, congrats on the decision, we will be at a wedding in Margaret River 17th November, there are heaps of places down there. We were on meelup beach last Sunday with the kids and dogs, great spot...If you are looking for accom south of perth we have Cedar Cottage which is vacant from 27/11 to 22/12. have a look on the web page www.cedarcottagewa.com Where we are going for the wedding there is accommodation as well. Just contact Margaret River tourist commission. Suzette
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:31 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

just checked out fluffys post on her reccie, check out www.westnet.com/vintage for Margaret River. Suzette
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:42 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

We paid £271 for a car for 17 days from Perth airport with www.europcar.com that was with one booster seat hired and 2 drivers on the insurance. Fab service from them and the car was a Nissan Pulsar Automatic with aircon and cruise and unlimited km. No doubt could have got it cheaper from outside of the airport but it was just easier for us to do it that way.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

salvador has a spectacular aura aboutsalvador has a spectacular aura aboutsalvador has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Clippies
Congratulations

We paid £271 for a car for 17 days from Perth airport with www.europcar.com that was with one booster seat hired and 2 drivers on the insurance. Fab service from them and the car was a Nissan Pulsar Automatic with aircon and cruise and unlimited km. No doubt could have got it cheaper from outside of the airport but it was just easier for us to do it that way.
£271 for 17 days?? Wow thats amazing! Is that with a special discount code or something because the cheapest I can find is the basic car for £680 !!!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:20 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

£271 for 17 days?? Wow thats amazing! Is that with a special discount code or something because the cheapest I can find is the basic car for £680 !!!
Are you sure that's not dollars?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:27 am

I've just put in the full dates you are travelling and it's come back with a quote of $1585.25 which is £636.29 at today's exchange. That's with the Nissan Pulsar the same as we had. Not a bad price for 4 weeks car hire. I know people use bayswater car rental so you could try them, they're not at the airport though.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi! Thanks, but I don't know if you have a discount code because for that car I get a quote of $2200! Heres the link https://www.europcar.com/tools/frame...RENTALCNTRY=AU

https://www.europcar.com/tools/frame...RENTALCNTRY=AU

Last edited by salvador; Jun 22nd 2006 at 8:52 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:50 am

Hi! Thanks, but I don't know if you have a discount code because for that car I get a quote of $2200! Heres the link https://www.europcar.com/tools/frame...RENTALCNTRY=AU
No discount code - that's a different site that the one I'm using - go to www.europcar.com.au
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again! Thats a saving of over $800 off the UK website....just wonder if there is anything that requires you to be an Oz citizen for this hire rate....I will investigate.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:07 am

Thanks again! Thats a saving of over $800 off the UK website....just wonder if there is anything that requires you to be an Oz citizen for this hire rate....I will investigate.
No, I'm not an Oz citizen, I live in Birmingham! I booked it online then when we arrived paid for it on my credit card - easy peasy.

Oh just to let you know, there'll be an extra charge for the booster seats and you need to put it in the additional info part of the booking else they won't know you need them. I think they were about $5 a day but if you email them they'll tell you.

Also, the sooner you book it the better - you don't actually pay until you get there anyway, but just as a guide, my brother in law who came with us reserved his car a week after we did and it cost him £100 more! So the sooner you book it the better
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all the help so far! Looks like accomodation is going to be tres cher....and may be difficult with two toddlers....one place in Scarborough beach has already said thanks but no thanks due to the kids! Doh!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:26 pm

thanks for all the help so far! Looks like accomodation is going to be tres cher....and may be difficult with two toddlers....one place in Scarborough beach has already said thanks but no thanks due to the kids! Doh!
I rented a lovely house in Dunsborough it's very close to Margaret River will be pricey the time of year you're going though http://www.stayz.com.au/8391

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.