Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in or know anything about Archerfield?

Anyone live in or know anything about Archerfield?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:18 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone live in or know anything about Archerfield?

I've just seen a job ad for Archerfield in Brisbane - I'd never heard of this suburb though so was wondering if anyone here knows anything about it?

Cheers

Rach xxxx

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 29th 2008 at 2:34 am.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in or know anything about Archifield?

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
I've just seen a job ad for Archerfield (spelt it wrong in title - feel free to change it please mods) in Brisbane - I'd never heard of this suburb though so was wondering if anyone here knows anything about it?

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Very industrial, wouldn't be much to do in the lunchbreak i.e. no shops, truckie cafes etc. There's an airstrip there too. As a female, I wouldn't be too keen to work there myself, but different strokes for different folks!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Hi Rach,

(famous) for it's airport (GA not jets) pretty industrial area, surrounded by Salisbury, Coopers Plains ...... a little bit grim in parts but not too bad on the whole .... southside. Pretty good (but busy at times) road links though

sorry about all of the ()

Mark
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rabsody
Very industrial, wouldn't be much to do in the lunchbreak i.e. no shops, truckie cafes etc. There's an airstrip there too. As a female, I wouldn't be too keen to work there myself, but different strokes for different folks!

yer, not good for shopping unless you want to buy some steel or timber
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:36 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen a job ad for Archerfield (spelt it wrong in title - feel free to change it please mods) in Brisbane - I'd never heard of this suburb though so was wondering if anyone here knows anything about it?

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Next door to INALA....run for your life..
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:37 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh its not sounding too good so far!!

The job is actually for hubby at the airport so that side of things doesnt worry me

Last edited by Mrs Jackaroo; Jan 29th 2008 at 12:45 am.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:42 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Went for an interview out there actually (for Toll, the big trucking company) ... my second in Oz ... as the other posters have mentioned, it's very industrial.

I'm sure there is some appeal to not being part of the 'CBD Set' but it would wane pretty quickly for me.

Didn't get the job anyway so it wasn't a big dilemma
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Went for an interview out there actually (for Toll, the big trucking company) ... my second in Oz ... as the other posters have mentioned, it's very industrial.

I'm sure there is some appeal to not being part of the 'CBD Set' but it would wane pretty quickly for me.

Didn't get the job anyway so it wasn't a big dilemma
This is basically going to be a way of us getting out of NSW and heading to QLD - we want to be closer to the coast (an hour + at the moment) and also try and get away from the extremely cold winters here. We're also an hour outside Sydney CBD here and that doesnt bother me one bit - in fact I'd prefer it that way
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:50 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

This is basically going to be a way of us getting out of NSW and heading to QLD - we want to be closer to the coast (an hour + at the moment) and also try and get away from the extremely cold winters here. We're also an hour outside Sydney CBD here and that doesnt bother me one bit - in fact I'd prefer it that way
How far does your hubby want commute from Archerfield?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
How far does your hubby want commute from Archerfield?
Well ideally he'd like to cycle to work like he does now.......but if need be no more than a 20 min drive I suppose.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:54 am

Well ideally he'd like to cycle to work like he does now.......but if need be no more than a 20 min drive I suppose.
Big problem..you aint gonna be able to live closer to the coast and a 20 min drive to work...not in Archerfield anyway!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:56 am

Big problem..you aint gonna be able to live closer to the coast and a 20 min drive to work...not in Archerfield anyway!
What about Brissie Airport - theres also jobs going there?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:06 am

What about Brissie Airport - theres also jobs going there?
Any north or south bayside suburb would fit the bill..probably northside would suit more as you wouldn't need to pay the tolls on the gateway bridge.

But you can rule out cycling as he'd need to get on the highway to reach the airport.

Most decent suburbs are probably at least an 45 mins/hour away from the airport during peak times.

Have a look at Northside..Redcliffe,Brighton,Scarborough,woody point

or Southside..Wynnum,Manly,Wellington point or Cleveland
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:12 am

Any north or south bayside suburb would fit the bill..probably northside would suit more as you wouldn't need to pay the tolls on the gateway bridge.

But you can rule out cycling as he'd need to get on the highway to reach the airport.

Most decent suburbs are probably at least an 45 mins/hour away from the airport during peak times.

Thanks very much - I'll check them out
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

don't forget Birkdale Trigger! it takes about 30mins to the airport from here (about the same to Archerfield) BUT you have got to get accross the bridge which can get a little busy at peak times. And the bayside is by the sea although you won't find any beaches to speak of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.