Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know where French Films are shown in Sydney?

Anyone know where French Films are shown in Sydney?

Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:11 am
rudo1ph

Default Anyone know where French Films are shown in Sydney?

Can anyone help? There is a film which has recently been released in France (French film) which I'd really like to see. Does anyone know of a cinema in the Sydney area which shows French films?

Thanks

Rudi

Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:34 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know where French Films are shown in Sydney?

Originally Posted by rudo1ph
Can anyone help? There is a film which has recently been released in France (French film) which I'd really like to see. Does anyone know of a cinema in the Sydney area which shows French films?

Thanks

Rudi
Academy Twin Cinema
(tel 9361 4453, 3a Oxford St, Paddington). This is a small cinema with art-house and independent offerings.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:49 am
ABCDiamond

Also possibly:

Palace Norton Street
99 Norton Street, Leichhardt, 02 9550 0122

Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Also, check with Alliance Francaise - they regularly show French films and always have listings of all French films and cultural events in the city.

http://www.afsydney.com.au/

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:31 am
rudo1ph

Thanks everyone - karma on the way to all of you.

Will check them out. Not that I will understand a word of the film......but it's location and meaning have great significance for me.

Rudi

Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - karma on the way to all of you.

Will check them out. Not that I will understand a word of the film......but it's location and meaning have great significance for me.

Rudi
There are almost always subtitles - you'll have no problem understanding them.

Mrs JTL
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:21 am
Just Joined

5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Anyone know where French Films are shown in Sydney?

one of the best french films was 'amelie' or ' Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain'
very funny feel good film. and as for the star audrey tautou ...woof woof !!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:08 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Rudi
Hey, this is a family site. There's plenty of sites for that ruddy filth without having to subject all of us to it...
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Todd778 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everybody

Reading the posts on french movies, I couldn't resist myself asking if anybody know that particular french movie - it's about a football player, who is wrongly convicted then jailed, he is then called to play for national team when he was needed. He plays scores a goal and when he becomes a national celebrity, he takes revenge with those people who were responsible for his arrest.

Its a very funny movie & its by a famous French Director. Anyone please.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:53 pm
rudo1ph

Originally Posted by Big Galah
Hey, this is a family site. There's plenty of sites for that ruddy filth without having to subject all of us to it...

:scared: Oh my goodness!! I was just referring back to this thread and found this!!!! It's not that sort of film!!!! It's about adoption in Cambodia!!!

Rudi